Lead Physical Training Instructor - REF No. HQ5689
Industry Sector: Sport, Fitness and Leisure
Salary: from £19200 to £26400 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
Detailed Job Description
Are you ex-military or have been a Physical Training Instructor (PTI) in the Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
One of the UK's biggest and most successful outdoor fitness organisation is recruiting for a full-time Lead Instructor. You will need to be passionate about the company's brand and have a deep understanding of how their classes should be delivered whilst also understanding the needs of the members on a day to day basis.
Your working time should be spent running 20 hours direct group sessions and delivering against the Key Accountabilities under the direction of the General Manager. You will be expected to deliver up to 25 group fitness sessions per week, at up to 8 indoor and outdoor sites, including outdoor parks and some temporary indoor locations such as community centres and barracks, covering East and South East London.
For any Personal Training you deliver above your normal working week you will receive 50% of the session rate revenue, after VAT is deducted.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
You must be available to attend the client's assessment centre as part of the interview process and travel at you own cost (date and location to be confirmed).
* Ensure accurate sign in of Members;
* Report to all allocated classes on time, in uniform and follow our client's programme and policy;
* Be familiar with and follow contingency plans;
* Set personal progression targets with Members and recording progression;
* Interact with Members and deliver class to current programme;
* Verify correct equipment for programme is available and fit for purpose;
* Identify Members that are losing enthusiasm and may stop attendance. Intervene, encourage and escalate if necessary;
* Actively verify with Members that they are getting what they expect from the programme;
* Be a positive representative of our client's brand;
* Build trusted relationships and provide opportunity of support for Members;
* Be responsible for the Health & Safety of yourself, Instructors and Members at your sites;
* Be willing and available to attend training sessions;
* Follow set technical and behavioural standards set by The Academy;
* Proactively welcome and engage with Trialists, and convert Trialists to become Members;
* Proactively welcome and engage with new Members;
* Escalate Instructor performance issues to the General Manager;
* Identification of talent within Instructor population;
* Support the General Manager in mobilisation, resourcing and demobilisation of events.
* Inspiring leadership qualities with the ability to engage and motivate a team
* Passionate and enthusiastic about fitness
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
* Recognised Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualification
* Excellent customer service skills to attract new customers and retain current members
* Current driving licence
* Current experience with a reputable Health & Fitness company, management position or group fitness establishment, studio, personal trainer
* Ability to interact and engage others, and willingness to learn and succeed
* A good understanding of IT using Word, Excel and Email.
* Exceptional communication skills across all levels
* A military background and preferably Instructor experience but not essential
* Management experience
* Sports science or strength and conditioning background
* Sales experience
* Ability to adapt to the use of social media
25 days' holiday plus a day on your Birthday and Bank Holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Salary: £19,200 to £26,400 basic (+ potential £10,000 profit-share bonus)
Location: East & South East London
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.