Manufacturing Manager - REF No. BS5647
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £35000 to £38000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the effective planning, development and deployment of manufacturing resources within the Compound plant and some cable making processes to deliver on operational targets within budget and timescale, including quality, performance, cost, people and health & safety.
Detailed Job Description
BS5647: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35-38k, plus Pension, Private healthcare
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join its team. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the effective planning, development and deployment of manufacturing resources within the Compound plant and some cable making processes to deliver on operational targets within budget and timescale, including quality, performance, cost, people and health & safety.
* Attending the daily deployment meetings with Planning, to determine and agree the production/capacity plan, ensuring that all resources are in place to achieve this requirement.
* Motivating and developing the team and identifying training needs, to ensure that skill base is not a constraint.
* Deploying Continuous Improvement methodologies in order to achieve challenging targets in labour productivity, machine utilisation, material usage and scrap reduction projects.
* Ensuring that the Department's Health, Safety, Environmental and HR policies are adhered to and objectives achieved.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Candidates will ideally be educated to HNC/Degree level in a Technical discipline.
* It is essential that candidates will come from a manufacturing background and have worked in a large, multi-process environment before.
* They will have a technical background and ideally have some knowledge regarding cable manufacturing.
* They will be experienced in the supervision of a manufacturing team.
* Self-motivated with excellent communication skills, the successful candidate will possess the proven ability to lead, motivate, co-ordinate and develop Team Leaders and Production Operators to achieve departmental targets and objectives.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.