Live-in Couple - REF No. HQ5554
Industry Sector: Domestic Services
Salary: circa £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
A live-in couple is required full-time to provide housekeeping, ground maintenance and support various activities around an immaculately conserved property set in Buckingham, set in 39 acres of landscaped gardens and parkland. You must be reliable, presentable, have excellent attention to detail, be energetic and hardworking with a desire to carry out all tasks to a consistently high standard and happy to go the extra mile. The successful couple will be living in a newly refurbished, generous one-bed cottage.
Detailed Job Description
Salary: £30,000 (joint between couple) with self-contained accommodation (rent free and bills included)
A live-in couple is required full-time to provide housekeeping, ground maintenance and support various activities around an immaculately conserved property set in Buckingham, set in 39 acres of landscaped gardens and parkland. You will need to be well-organised and willing self-starters, who can perform duties to a high standard without constant supervision.
The role requires significant commitment and flexibility in terms of time and presence on the property.
You must be reliable, presentable, have excellent attention to detail, be energetic and hardworking with a desire to carry out all tasks to a consistently high standard and happy to go the extra mile. The successful couple will be living in a newly refurbished, generous one-bed cottage.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
The live-in couple will be responsible for the routine maintenance of the 8-bedroom family house, its outlying dwellings and elements of the gardens and grounds. The family is a busy hardworking family who are looking for a couple willing to participate in the joint effort of running the property, together with their 3 teenage children.
You will be based in an ideal location surrounded by beautiful open countryside yet conveniently within driving distance of Buckingham, Milton Keynes and London.
Key responsibilities include:
* Care of the outdoor swimming pool
* Maintenance of the tennis court
* Help in the rose garden
* Hedge cutting
* Maintenance of drains and gutters
* Leaf clearing
* Field and fence maintenance
* Care of machinery to include tractors and lawnmowers (routine maintenance)
* Housekeeping duties are also required such as cleaning, laundry, ironing, managing bedrooms (average 5 hours per day but negotiable).
* Help with cooking as well as running errands
* Occasional chauffeuring
Most of the tasks would be largely gardening so you must be comfortable with using garden machinery and willingness to learn about the upkeep of the garden, DIY, gutter clearance, and pond maintenance. There is already a full time Estate Manager on site so any applicant must be willing to work alongside him as a team.
Personal Specification and Requirements:
The successful couple will have 2 days off a week but weekend help will be required. You will be comfortable in the service environment, with a professional and committed approach, and have excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
* Must hold a current and in date UK driving license
* Good communication skills and high standards of presentation
* Problem solving and use of initiative
* Can do attitude and happy to go the extra mile
* Attention to detail
* Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and be able to react to changing priorities
* Previous facilities/estate management experience
* Experience working in the service industry
Salary: £30,000 (joint between couple)
Hours of work: Typical working hours would be 8am until 5pm with half hour break in the morning, an hour off for lunch and half hour break in the afternoon. However, this would require a degree of flexibility although any 'overtime' would be made up with reduce hours elsewhere.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Nest Pension Scheme
- Recently refurbished generous self-contained 1-bed cottage offered on the premises
- Rent free and bills included (council tax and water charges also covered for)
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.