Functional Safety Consultant - REF No. EB5538
Industry Sector: Engineering - Automotive
Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England
Salary: from £39759 to £62062 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Rodger Lloyd
Forces Recruitment Services are currently recruiting for a Functional Safety Consultant to work for a global provider of engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. Our client works in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
Detailed Job Description
EB5538 Functional Safety Consultant
Salary: £39,759 - £62,062 DOE
Forces Recruitment Services are currently recruiting for a Functional Safety Consultant (P) to work for a global provider of engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. Our client works in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* Coordinating safety analyses and engineering activities within a small team
* Coaching the team to deliver consistent and successful results
* Technical project management / decision making to deliver on time, to cost and quality
* Managing challenging stakeholders who can have diverse objectives
* Taking a lead sometimes autonomous role in auditing safety related development processes
* Training/coaching other less experienced members of staff, particularly in audit and safety analyses
* Developing process to support functional safety
* Developing and delivering training on functional safety
* Delivering value-add functional safety consultancy/guidance
* Supporting the product groups in tendering activities
* Delivering ISO 26262 to vehicle manufacturers and tier 1 suppliers covering all aspects of the safety lifecycle
* Safety analyses techniques, particularly FMEA with broad exposure to different processes, methodologies and stakeholder objectives
* Functional safety planning & management
* Identifying hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
* User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
* Preparing safety cases (including safety arguments)
* System level architectural design and technical review
* Technical leadership of small project teams
* Tendering process and preparation of project proposals
* Developing and delivering training courses
The candidate must have a strong experience in systems engineering and requirements driven developments and be capable of advising clients on best-practice.
* Be capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
* Be capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers
* Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
* Have well-developed analytical skills - rigorous but pragmatic, being able to justify decisions with solid rationale
* Have good interpersonal skills - a consensus-builder not confrontational
* Be capable of technically managing a small group of engineers
* Be willing to travel and work flexibly: The job is likely to involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas approximately 6 to 8 times per year. The job may also involve extended placements at customer facilities requiring travel within the UK or Europe for 1 to 4 days per week for a significant period.
* Be willing to engage in the security clearance process for defence related projects
* Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, systems engineering or a relevant related discipline
* Higher degree (relevant M.Sc, Eng D or Ph.D) would be desirable
* Corporate membership of an engineering institution including Chartered Engineer qualification would be desirable
Salary: £39,759 - £62,062 (depending on experience)
Benefits: Company Benefits available.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.