Wireless Communications Test Engineer - REF No. EB5534
Industry Sector: Information Technology
Salary: from £35000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
An exciting requirement for a Wireless Communications Test Engineer has arisen to work with a world class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise. This Client is looking to employ a Wireless Communications Test Engineer to join a new team in Nuneaton. Based within the Vehicle Resilience department which they will form part of the growth strategy
Detailed Job Description
EB5534: Wireless Communications Test Engineer
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 DOE
Location: Nuneaton, West Midlands
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An exciting requirement for a Wireless Communications Test Engineer has arisen to work with a world class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
This Client is looking to employ a Wireless Communications Test Engineer to join a new team in Nuneaton. Based within the Vehicle Resilience department which they will form part of the growth strategy
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
The position of Wireless Communications Test Engineer will include, but not be limited to, increasing new technology automotive service offerings with specific focus on supporting the
development of Connectivity & reception performance measures for:
* Broadcast (AM, FM, DAB, DVB-T) services
* Cellular (GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G) services
* WiFi services
* V2X (WiFi, Cellular) and Bluetooth services
A minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant field is essential and in excess of 10 years is preferred. Relevant experience shall include, but not be limited to:
* Communications test engineer
* The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of experience, knowledge and skills including:
* Demonstrate technical expertise in all day-to-day activities with emphasis on the development and delivery of OTA and other connectivity testing.
* Proven ability to develop new test methods.
* Demonstrate commercial awareness, tasking and accountability, service quality, and timely delivery
* Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the principles behind communications performance testing which must include a minimum of cellular and WiFi
* Demonstrate technical delivery to include test plans, control plans, similar customer documentation
* Strong analytical, planning, organisational, and time management skills
* Proven background in process improvement and problem resolution projects
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear manner - presentation skills must be demonstrated
* GCSE English/Maths/Physics
* City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 or equivalant
* A Degree, Masters or PhD
Must hold a full driving licence.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.