Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor - REF No. BS5517
Industry Sector: Engineering - Quality
Location: Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Salary: from £30000 to £36000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a SHEQ Advisor to join its team. The SHEQ Advisor will coordinate SHEQ issues for the Midlands area. The Company would be willing to consider candidates who have limited SHEQ experience and provide training for them.
Detailed Job Description
BS5517: Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Advisor
Salary: to £36,000 plus Car, Allowances, Medical Insurance, Pension
Location: Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire
Job Type: Permanent
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a SHEQ Advisor to join its team. The SHEQ Advisor will coordinate SHEQ issues for the Midlands area.
The Company would be willing to consider candidates who have limited SHEQ experience and provide training for them.
* Participate in, and manage a programme of implementing/assisting with the setup of site SHEQ issues for each contract. Ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, supporting regulations, the Company Health, Quality, Environmental and Safety Policies and Management System Procedures.
* To maintain a SHEQ presence within the Streetlighting division of the Organisation alongside the HV installation business.
* Have a good understanding of CDM 2015 and other construction related Regulations/legislation.
* Able to work independently as well as part of a team with excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Maintain a good attention to detail.
* Advising on Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues as required, this will include preventing injury to personnel and damage to Environment, plant and equipment. Attending site visits where required to ascertain SHEQ issues specific to that project.
* Carry out regular SHEQ audits on all sites and communicate the results to the SHEQ Manager and the Site Engineer.
* Advise on adequate training relating to SHEQ for employees before and after commencing duties with the Company, and monitor the effectiveness of this training.
* Ensuring that all precautions as detailed in work related Method Statements, Risk Assessments, SHEQ Plans, and Environmental Aspect registers are brought to the attention of the working team.
* Liaise with the HV Systems SHEQ Manager for the reporting and investigation of accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with Installation Group Procedure.
* Able to communicate well with site staff in a professional manner.
* Support and build on the good safety culture already established within the organisation.
* Assuring the provision of quality measures and data as required for the HV Systems operations
* Implement continuous improvement, identify and promote new initiatives, engage others within the organisation to be involved.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate in Health and Safety essential
* It is essential that the candidate has cross-functional project management experience.
* A driving license is also essential as the role involves travelling to and from Installation Sites.
* Previous experience in a construction related principle
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.