Quantity Surveyor - Warrington area - REF No. HQ5509
Industry Sector: Construction
Location: Warrington, Cheshire, England
Salary: from £40000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Steve Ridley
HQ5509: Quantity Surveyor Salary: £40-£50,000 per annum Location: Warrington Job type: Permanent As Quantity Surveyor you will work for a national Chartered Quantity Surveying practice which provides bespoke profitable support, cost management and contractual services to the building industry. You will be formally qualified, preferably to degree level, and ideally have an RICS Professional membership along with good communication skills, strong character with a good sense of humour, be results driven and commercially astute.
Detailed Job Description
HQ5509: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40-£50,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent
As Quantity Surveyor you will work for a national Chartered Quantity Surveying practice which provides bespoke profitable support, cost management and contractual services to the building industry. You will be formally qualified, preferably to degree level, and ideally have an RICS Professional membership along with good communication skills, strong character with a good sense of humour, be results driven and commercially astute.
As a team player and a reasoned decision maker, the QS should be assertive without being aggressive, proactive with a 'can do' attitude and able to prioritise and focus on the tasks at hand.
It is expected that you will have a high level of IT skills, good technical skills, be able to read and understand technical documents and to interpret contracts.
The main purpose of the Quantity Surveyor will be to cover all aspects of quantity surveying / estimating from pre-contract through to post contract services in line with the Company's clients' requirements, but also to support the directors and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
The key responsibilities will include:
* Primarily carrying out estimating services, Bill of Quantities (BQ) production and cost planning;
* Carry out general quantity surveying services;
* Maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management on projects worked on;
* Commercially manage and control Subcontract packages on projects worked on;
* Assist in the protection of the Company's contractual position on projects worked on;
* Produce and agree accounts on projects worked on;
* Prepare financial reports as required;
* Assist with the development of the business.
Pre-Contract Services tasks :
* Prepare detailed measures and compile BQ documents;
* Prepare feasibility studies and cost plans;
* Provide procurement advice and implement;
* Contract preparation;
* Review contract conditions;
* Provide risk management advice;
* Prepare Subcontract enquiry documents;
* Price tender submissions;
* Manage bid submissions including the preparation of bid documents;
* Meet Clients to review and discuss work carried out.
Post Contract Services tasks:
* Prepare budgetary advice including cash flows;
* Manage contract document process including insurance and bond requirements;
* Produce procurement schedules;
* Subcontract procurement including enquiries and analysis on return;
* Organise / attend pre-order Subcontract meetings;
* Place Subcontract orders in due time and in a way that protects the Company's contractual position;
* Manage all other procurement as necessary;
* Prepare consultant appointments;
* Prepare / review valuations and issue all appropriate notices in line with the Company's policies and the contract terms;
* Maximise value recovery;
* Produce reports as required including the preparation of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) information;
* Implement the Company's valuation and cash strategy;
* Understand the Company's obligations under the Contract;
* Produce and keep adequate records to enable the production of the final account and in order to safeguard the Company's contractual position;
* Aid with cash management and manage cost expenditure;
* Produce final accounts;
* Assist with preparation of Extension Of Time (EOT) / Loss & Expense (L&E) claims;
* Deal effectively with disputes;
* Attend sites and meetings necessary in the execution of all functions.
* Prepare final accounts and claims;
* Assist in the resolution of disputes.
* Form good relationships with all parties;
* Actively promote the Company's image;
* Compliance with the Company and their clients' management systems;
* Administration including managing drawings, copying and filing paperwork;
* Any other duties which are reasonable.
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 per annum
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.