HGV Recovery Technician - REF No. NL5478
Industry Sector: Engineering - Automotive
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England
Salary: from £30000 to £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
Our client wishes to recruit enthusiastic, self-motivated HGV Recovery Technicians to join their in-house team providing recovery assistance.
HGV Drivers (C+E) with relevant experience and qualifications a distinct advantage but they are willing to train someone with the right "can do" attitude and confidence to learn how to recover commercial vehicles.
This is a full time permanent position for an extremely well established business + 28 days holidays + guaranteed overtime. They want candidates who will stay with them for the long-haul and develop in the Company.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
* Carry out daily check of Company fleet vehicles and complete the defect report.
* Drive company vehicles as efficiently and safely as possible to arrive on scene with maximum ETA (up to 90 minutes in South East England area).
* Access casualty vehicle on scene and record existing damage, taking photos as required.
* Recover vehicle to required location, without further damage.
* Regularly check PPE, tools and equipment in vehicles are serviceable and report any defects immediately to the office.
* Maintenance of fleet vehicles to include topping up levels, greasing up equipment, and regularly cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles.
* If required assist workshop department with collection / delivery to customer, road tests to ensure defects are rectified, present vehicles for brake tests and MOT.
* Assist workshop with steam cleaning of vehicles prior to MOT as required.
* HGV Class 1 (C+E) Driving Licence and DCPC essential
* Minimum of two years experience working in a transport environment
* Positive, flexible attitude to work and the ability to perform well under pressure
* Safety conscious at all times, observant and with good attention to detail
* Organisation & commitment, understand the importance of tight schedules
* Problem solver and able to adapt quickly to ever changing situations
* Prepared to take responsibility and be held accountable
* Approachable and reliable
* Committed to delivery and customer focused (internal and external)
* Ability to establish good working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels
* Based on rotating early and late shifts Monday to Friday and alternate weekends
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.