Service Engineer - REF No. HQ5472
Industry Sector: Engineering - General
Salary: circa £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Steve Ridley
A worldwide provider of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) solutions is looking for a Service Engineer to join their growing team. The Service Engineer is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, maintenance and commissioning of a range of HMV traffic and pedestrian access control systems. The Service Engineer will work with both national and international clients, with varying requirements and deadlines. You will be integral to ensuring that client's expectations are managed, and their needs are ultimately met, to ensure repeat business and ongoing successful partnerships. Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Detailed Job Description
A global provider of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation solutions is looking for a Service Engineer to join their growing team. The Service Engineer is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, maintenance and commissioning of a range of rising bollards, vehicle security barriers, sliding automatic gates and turnstiles. The Service Engineer will have a territory covering Coventry, Northampton, Milton Keyes, Watford and Camridge. Also, there will be the opportunity for international travel to the Middle-East for approximately one week in every eight. You will be integral to ensuring that client's expectations are managed, and their needs are ultimately met, to ensure repeat business and ongoing successful partnerships. This is a great opportunity to become an ambassdor for this client as they grow their business going forward.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* Repair, maintain and commission HMV traffic and pedestrian access control systems
* Diagnosing on-site equipment issues
* Working effectively to ensure issues are resolved
* Co-ordinating critical/non-critical tasks and processes to minimise risks and delivery issues
* Co-ordinating with team members to ensure that tasks are adequately planned and prepared
* Reporting and communicating in a detailed and structured manner
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - essential:
* Desire to learn and drive to achieve
* Self-motivated and proactive
* Customer focused and driven to deliver service excellence
* Highly organised with great time management skills
* Communication (written and verbal)
* Problem solving
* Decision making
* Quality and results orientated
* Flexibility and adaptability
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - desirable:
* Electrical and mechanical engineering experience
* Some familiarity of hydraulic engineering
You will be analytical, detail-oriented, logical and health and safety conscious. This is an important position for the client and the successful candidate will be someone who can be an ambassador for the company and project a highly professional image at all times.
24 days leave plus bank holidays
Company Pension Scheme
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.