Production Manager - REF No. HQ5441
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Salary: from £30000 to £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
Detailed Job Description
As the largest provider of hybrid mail in the UK, our client is now looking to expand their team and recruit a Production Manager to deliver a document production service including printing and enclosing of in excess of 130 million digital documents and dispatch of 76 million envelopes per annum. The Production Manager will be considered within the senior management of the company and be required to work in conjunction with other members of the Production Management Team in the management of 62 staff across day, night and weekend shifts. You will be responsible for creating and delivering the production plan to tight schedules and demanding customer service level requirements.
This position is currently a day shift role but may move to shift work moving forward. The successful candidate needs to have a high level of commitment, excellent communication skills and knowledge and experience in the printing industry would be a benefit.
Applications for ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing staffing levels to meet varying and tight production schedules
* Overseeing the day to day operations of the production facility
* Communicating production schedules and requirements to shift supervisors
* Issue investigation and resolution
* Managing personnel issues (disciplinary investigations/hearings)
* Implementing and training staff in SOP's and monitoring compliance once implemented
* Staff and mechanical performance monitoring and reporting
* Key membership of continual improvement initiatives
* Production Scheduling and monitoring
* Compiling production reports for use at board level
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* You must be able to handle pressure and the responsibility of meeting deadlines
* Excellent motivational and communication skills
* Demonstrate commitment, dedication and persistence
* Strong computer literacy
* Project management skills
* Knowledge and experience in the printing industry would be a benefit
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (Depending On Experience)
25 days holiday allowance
Company pension scheme
Life Assurance (4 x salary)
Prolonged disability insurance
Free use of company gym
Free yoga sessions
Free on-site parking
Cycle to work scheme
Childcare voucher scheme
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.