BMS Control Engineer - REF No. NL4912
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electronic
Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
Salary: from £35000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
A fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading building services controls provider. BMS Control Engineer responsibilities are carried out within a post-order Project Team where a Project Engineer or Project Team Manager will have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of each project.
Detailed Job Description
A fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading building services controls provider.
BMS Control Engineer responsibilities are carried out within a post-order Project Team where a Project Engineer or Project Team Manager will have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of each project.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities :
* Refer any contractual or commercial matters to the Project Engineer or Project Team Manager for their consideration and involvement.
* Assist with the design requirements of each control system project, seek information and implement the control system design as required. To include Control Panel Drawings, Control Valve Selection Schedules, Des of Ops, DDC Strategy and/or Graphics Details.
* Produce as required. RFIs, Tech Subs, Progress Reports, Commissioning Reports.
* Fully understand the company's technical standards for all aspects of control system design and implement accordingly.
* Carry out system commissioning to include field wiring checks and motor rotations, control panel adjustments such as fuse/MCB rating checks and overload settings, and carry out full control circuit functional tests and controller performance (including confirmation of correct DDC).
* Attend as necessary any co-ordination meetings to ensure project progress such as commissioning will take place to program.
* Only proceed with any extra work after proper customer instruction has been obtained. If in doubt confirm this with the Project Engineer or Project Team Manager.
* Operate and keep up to date all systems of filing and recording as required by company procedures and as necessary to efficiently carry out the "Primary Objective".
* Efficiently manage your time to achieve maximum results and avoid delays.
* Operate within the company authority structure, make and keep commitments but do not undertake the unachievable, and where appropriate to properly delegate tasks to the correct support staff.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience working in the BMS sector.
* Experience of Trend /BACnet systems.
* Relevant experience working as a Field Service & Maintenance Engineer
* Full UK Driving licence
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills and the ability work with users of all levels
* Flexibility to working hours, on occasion late or weekend work.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.