Forces Recruitment Solutions

Ex-Military Recruitment Specialists

Tel: 01353 645004


Image for Demand For Cyber Security Staff To Surge In 2018

Dec 20, 2017

Demand For Cyber Security Staff To Surge In 2018

The majority of recruitment agencies surveyed by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) believe that demand for cyber security staff will increase 'significantly' over the next year...

However, according to 81% of recruitment businesses, the UK workforce is unlikely to meet demand in cyber security over the next 12 months. Only 16% think it is likely that demand will be met.

The shortage of candidates to fill the increasing number of roles in cyber security means employers will push up pay. 94% of recruiters predict pay for cyber security staff will increase over the next year, while the remaining 6% think it will stay the same.

Graham Brown, Managing Director of Forces Recruitment Services, suggests that the solution to this skills shortage may lie in ex-military personnel: "Employers who do not appreciate the high quality and transferable nature of the skills and experience that former Service people can bring to a civilian role are truly missing out.

"This is particularly true with roles like cyber security that are notoriously hard to fill. However, Forces personnel work with info-sec technology that most people don't even know exists. Add to this the fact that many have been security cleared to a high level, and you have a ready-made candidate pool for the cyber security industry."


Read more news stories




Forces Recruitment Solutions Group Ltd
Level One
Devonshire House
Mayfair Place


FRS on Twitter

RT @SoldierOnAwards: It's #WhoDoYouKnowWednesday and we want to know who YOU think should be recognised in this year’s #SoldieringOnAwards!…

2 months ago from Twitter for Android

Signup For Our Newsletter!

Get resettlement and career change advice from the experts direct to your inbox!