Welder/Fabricator - REF No. NL5513
Industry Sector: Engineering - Manufacturing
Location: Farnham, Surrey, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Welding, fabricating, and repairing steel and other weldable material, applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production programmes.
Detailed Job Description
Welding, fabricating, and repairing steel and other weldable material, applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production programmes
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) may be particularly relevant for this position, however all applicants will be considered.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
* follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders
* Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions
* Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products
* Work with Welders/Fabricators to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts
* Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs
* Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications
* Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position
* Inspection of equipment required for a task. Should any damage etc. be spotted, this should be reported to the Workshop Supervisor
* Support the Workshop Supervisor to deliver whatever is assigned, within the agreed timescale and to the quality required
* Actively pursue personal development and training opportunities
* Comply with the company health and safety policy
Skills and Attributes:
* ARC & MIG proficient
* TIG Beneficial
* Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures
* Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts
* Good practical skills and demonstrable experience of safe ways of working
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Relevant experience in welding/fabrication production within the disciplines practiced in the workshop
* Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders
* Willingness to be flexible to help meet challenging demands
* Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment
* Some out of hours and off-site working will be required
* Current full driving license
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.