Trainee Project Supervisor - REF No. HQ5491
Industry Sector: Project Management
Location: Hook, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £22000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
As a recognised and leading UK manufacturer of wetrooms systems and waterproofing membranes, our client is now looking to expand their team and recruit a Trainee Project Supervisor. The role of the Trainee Project Supervisor is to shadow one of the established supervisors within the client's various sites and provide supervision of live contracts as well as any pre-site survey requirements and leak investigations. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Detailed Job Description
As a recognised and leading UK manufacturer of wetrooms systems and waterproofing membranes, our client is now looking to expand their team and recruit a Trainee Project Supervisor.
The role of the Trainee Project Supervisor is to shadow one of the established supervisors within the client's various sites and provide supervision of live contracts as well as any pre-site survey requirements and leak investigations.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
You will be based from the offices in Hook, however your main role will be visiting sites pre-installation in London, therefore flexibility in travelling and working different hour shifts is essential to enable you get into London in good time.
Although in-house training is provided from the Technical Director, the ideal candidate will have experience in the construction industry and must hold valid CSCS card.
* Attend some pre-start/order meetings with Contracts Manager
* Arrange for Handover Meetings with contracts manager where required
* Attend site prior to works starting to ensure areas are ready, issue any preparation sheets and other relevant paperwork
* Attend site post application to sign off works where required and issue/complete any other relevant paperwork
* On larger projects, carry out work set up, booking in deliveries, arranging site boxes, consumables, etc.
* Attend weekly progress meetings with other employees to discuss projects where required
* Attend site to inspect problem jobs, report findings to the Technical Director and arrange resolutions as quickly as possible
* Go through with nominated site team the "installed" system and any other technical requirements they may have
* Help operatives complete their paperwork and ensure they hand it in on-time
* Deliver supply only materials as and when required
* Measure bespoke grills by following the guidance of the Technical Director and the current procedure
* Pre-quote survey visits as and where required
* Carry out quality spot checks on the operatives and advise the Technical Director if any individual requires further training and support.
* Maintain and develop relationships with customers and suppliers
* Ensure rapid and accurate communication within your team and other personnel is maintained at all times
* Work closely with the Contracts Manager on all aspects of your roles to ensure they are executed correctly
* Suggestions to improve and develop current systems/procedures to enable the business to run efficiently, effectively and profitably
* Maintain a full understanding of the client's products and services
Knowledge and skills required:
* Full clean driving license, with own transport
* Valid CSCS card
* Good knowledge of the construction industry (ideally with waterproofing experience)
* Adaptable, flexible and good time management
* Good organisational skills with a can-do attitude
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with customers and suppliers
* Prioritisation of workload
* Exercise diplomacy at all times when dealing with customers and provide a high level of customer service
* Mentor team members and help where possible with their personal development
* Professionalism and personal presence
* Attention to detail
* Polite mannerism
* Flexible working hours where required
* Conscientious approach to work
There will be a van provided for this role on successful completion of a three to six-month probation period. You will also have the chance to be put through a relevant course once your CSCS card has expired.
Salary : £22,000 to £30,000 (DOE)
23 days holiday (2 days must be kept for the Christmas Shutdown) + Bank Holidays
Performance related bonus
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.