Supervised Operative - REF No. HQ5434
Industry Sector: Construction
Location: Hook, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £85 to £95 per Day
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
The UK's leading wetroom specialists is seeking an Operative to install their range of innovative wetroom products. Ideally, Operatives are to have construction industry experience and have a CSCS card; though they would like to hear from anyone with wetroom experience or interest in construction. Due to the location of the client, own vehicle and a driver's licence is essential. Early starts may occur and hours can reach up to 48 per week. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Detailed Job Description
The UK's leading wetroom specialists is seeking an Operative to install their range of innovative wetroom products. Ideally, Operatives are to have construction industry experience and have a CSCS card; though they would like to hear from anyone with wetroom experience or interest in construction. Due to the location of the client, own vehicle and a driver's licence is essential. Early starts may occur and hours can reach up to 48 per week.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* Install client's range of products to a high quality
* Understand the scope of works for each project
* Highlight if there are instances where you encounter problems installing client's products so that an assessment can be made, and action taken where necessary
* Utilising understanding of BS 8102:2009 - code of practice for protection of below ground structures against water from the ground
* Highlight any Health & Safety issues to your supervisors or to whoever is responsible for Health & Safety on site
* Ensure that you have and use, the correct PPE for the environment you are working in
* Maintain a clean and tidy approach to your work and appearance
* Ensuring rapid and accurate communication with all personnel and your supervisors
* Abide by all laws and regulations, including site, vehicle, driving, Health & Safety etc.
* Highlight any areas where you feel you require further training on client's products or their installation techniques
* Comply with all reasonable requests from your supervisors in relation to paperwork and Administration documents
* Maintain regular meetings with the Management/Directors
* Deliver a professional service to our Clients at all times
* Communicate positively with client's customers that would not give cause for concern
* Attend all induction courses that are required by the Client or by the Client's Group of companies
* Use any systems that are supplied to you in a responsible manner, i.e. SATNAVs
* Ensure that all company issued equipment you use has been PAT tested in accordance with in-house procedures
* Look after all items issued to you and to take ownership of the responsibility for keeping them safe and in good working order, this includes vehicles, tools, cameras, phones, clothing etc.
* Display role model behaviour and unconditional teamwork at all times
* Work closely with your supervisors to ensure target turnover & gross profit margin is achieved throughout the year
* Previous experience in the construction industry (desirable)
* CSCS card (desirable)
* Ability to understand BS8102:2009 code of practice
* Able to work alone and as a team
* Excellent customer service
* Professionalism and personal presence
* Attention to detail
* Flexible working where required
* Have own vehicle and UK driver's licence
40 - 48 hours per week
£85 - £95 per day
23 days holiday, performance related bonus, auto enrolment pension, ample parking
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.