Trainee Project Supervisor - REF No. HQ5432
Industry Sector: Construction
Location: Hook, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
The UK's leading wetroom specialists is seeking a Trainee Project Supervisor to conduct scheduling of all wetroom projects in the UK while supervising all of its' contracts. 60-80% of the time will be spent visiting pre-installation sites to ensure projects are on schedule; therefore a driving licence and vehicle is essential, while early starts may occur to get to site location. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Detailed Job Description
The UK's leading wetroom specialists is seeking a Trainee Project Supervisor to conduct scheduling of all wetroom projects in the UK while supervising all of its' contracts. 60-80% of the time will be spent visiting pre-installation sites to ensure projects are on schedule; therefore a driving licence and vehicle is essential, while early starts may occur to get to site location.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* Scheduling of all live contracts using spreadsheet system & future CRM software
* Gain good knowledge of contracts you are to schedule/manage
* Track all project materials in real-time, report on projects under/over correct material allocation
* Complete job costings by managing all in-coming pick-lists, materials used sheets whilst analysing initial quotation allowance. Produce finished job costing report
* Assist supervisors with the management of their project room trackers to ensure they are up to date & accurate
* Set up new or help run project room trackers to control and monitor multi-room projects which will assist the technical coordinators/QS's valuations & applications
* Learn & understand technically the products specified on the projects
* Understand the operatives(s) you have to complete projects as the skillsets vary within the resource pool
* Ability to forecast a project to ensure enough time & labour is allowed
* Communicate with customers with the scheduling in of their works as well as liaising with your peers & operatives on what projects require meetings, surveys and works completed at.
* H&S, assist with the setting up of new and managing of existing RAMS on all Wetrooms projects, these maybe site specific & update new products
* Take and record tool box talks with the site teams
* Attend some pre-start/order meetings with Project supervisors/Operations Manager
* Arrange for Handover Meetings with contracts manager where required
* Attend site prior to works starting to ensure areas are ready, issue any preparation sheets and other relevant paperwork normally 48 hours prior to job starting unless specifically advised
* Record staged photographs from site survey into project folder, email/telephone client 24 hours before start date to ensure works will be ready whilst recording our position
* Attend site post application to sign of works where required and issue/complete any other relevant paperwork
* On larger projects carry out work set up, booking in deliveries, arranging site boxes, consumables etc.
* Attend weekly progress meetings with other employees to discuss projects where required
* Attend site to inspect problem jobs, report findings to project team & technical director and arrange resolutions as quickly as possible
* Go through with nominated site team the "installed" system and any other technical requirements they may have
* Help operatives complete their paperwork and ensure they hand it in on-time
* Deliver supply only materials as and when required
* Measure bespoke grills by following the guidance of the technical director and the current procedure
* Pre quote survey visits as and where required
* Quality spot checks on the operatives and to advise the technical director if any individual requires further training and support
* Check operative photographs on a weekly basis (Friday morning) for work quality and check that all required photographs have been taken per install type
* Mentor team members and help where possible with their personal development
* Good knowledge of construction industry
* CSCS card
* Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to urgent tasks
* Excellent customer service
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good communication and IT skills
* Professionalism and personal presence
* Attention to detail
* Flexible working where required
* Have UK driver's licence
40 hours per week
£25,000 - £30,000
23 days holiday, performance related bonus, auto enrolment pension, ample parking, van provided after completion of probation period
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.