Engineering Manager - REF No. NL5401
Industry Sector: Engineering - Operations
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: circa £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Operations, the Engineering Manager is tasked with delivering key engineering projects within the estate. Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) may be particularly relevant for this position.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Operations, the Engineering Manager is tasked with delivering key engineering projects within the estate.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) may be particularly relevant for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* To lead the delivery of the Estate's assets and the renewal strategy identified in its ten-year plan.
* To review and manage Estate's third-party maintenance and engineering contracts to ensure best value for money and assured asset protection.
* To plan and deliver key projects such as the renewal of the Estate Control Room, other scheduled refurbishment and works.
* To develop and work to a clearly set out project plan for the various projects required over the next 10 years.
* To ensure all projects are delivered on time and to budget and meet with the company's health and safety policy.
* To build relationships with key stakeholders and Estate occupants to enable the delivery of projects and ensure assets are properly protected.
* To ensure financial targets are achieved and costs are controlled in accordance with annual budgets.
* A proven track record in engineering maintenance management is essential with some expertise in hydraulic asset management.
* Experience of control systems (Desirable).
* The ability to manage themselves and deliver results without supervision.
* Previous experience in delivering complex civil engineering projects.
* Previous budget management and control.
* Experience of developing supplier relationships and contracts.
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and project planning tools.
* Strong written / verbal communication skills.
* Previous Health & Safety responsibilities. Able to promote a positive safety culture.
* Relevant engineering experience.
* IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent SHE qualification
* COSHH training
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.