Technical Services Manager - REF No. BS5398
Industry Sector: Engineering - Support
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £45000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for providing support to the HV installation project and services businesses, at tender and contract stages, providing installation drawings, calculations and other documents, along with providing guidance to internal and external customers.
Detailed Job Description
BS5398: Technical Services Manager
Salary: Competitive plus Car, Bonus, Medical Insurance, Pension
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Technical Services Manager to join its team. The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for providing support to the HV installation project and services businesses, at tender and contract stages, providing installation drawings, calculations and other documents, along with providing guidance to internal and external customers.
* Managing the key functions of installation system design and development; civil and structural design and development; hydraulic systems design and development; site testing and commissioning; jointing services including training and development of jointing techniques; and draughting services.
* Providing an efficient design service to meet customer requirements, at the minimum cost, compatible with maintaining competitive engineering standards.
* Co-ordinating and managing the design processes to ensure that the demands of the business are met with regards to timescales and quality.
* Directing and managing functional heads allowing them to focus on their areas of expertise and respond to questions quickly and efficiently.
* Providing technical assistance and advice to project managers, site managers, engineers and operatives.
* Identifying areas where development is required to maintain and enhance the technical reputation and commercial competitiveness of the business, and to initiate and carry out the work necessary to achieve this objective.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject.
* A member of an engineering professional institution.
* Candidates will have an engineering background, with a thorough knowledge of cable systems,
* Computer literate with a knowledge of AutoCad, databases and spreadsheets.
* Candidates will also be able to demonstrate strong people management competencies.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.