Class 1 & Class 2 Drivers - REF No. HQ5397
Industry Sector: Driving and Transport
Location: Hillingdon, Greater London, England
Salary: from £20000 to £23000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
A global logistics services company based in the Heathrow area is seeking Class 1 and Class 2 Drivers to provide safe and efficient delivery of their customers' goods. Delivery/collection runs will be within mainland UK with occasional airport runs. The client is looking for individuals that are able to work efficiently and flexibly while provide excellent customer service. Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Description
A global logistics services company based in the Heathrow area is seeking Class 1 and Class 2 Drivers to provide safe and efficient delivery of their customers' goods. Delivery/collection runs will be within mainland UK with occasional airport runs. The client is looking for individuals that are able to work efficiently and flexibly while provide excellent customer service.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Complete daily vehicle checks and reporting of any defects
* Route planning prior to departure ensuring avoidance of any height, width or weight restrictions.
* Ensure all loads being delivered or collected are safe and secure
* Drive vehicles in a safe and responsible manner ensuring all transport regulations are followed including Tachograph and Digicard requirements.
* Ensure compliance within the drivers hours and working hour regulations, including taking breaks within the guidelines in a designated 'safe' place
* Follow all operational regulations and rules as written
* Ensure all relevant paperwork Proof of Delivery (POD) and Cheque/Cash on Delivery are returned to the correct department
* Handle goods in a safe and responsible manner
* Deal with customers in a friendly, helpful and professional manner
* Provide updates to the Transport Department after each delivery/collection
* Report any problems or irregularities immediately to the Transport Department.
* Keep vehicles clean and tidy
* Any other tasks as required by the Transport Department
* Good level of education (or similar)
* Valid Class 1 and/or 2 Licence
* Minimum of 2 years Class 1 and/or 2 driving experience
* Fully conversant and adherence with the Department of Transport Driver's Regulations including Drivers hours and Working hours
* Digicard and Tachograph knowledge, understanding and conformity.
* Manual Handling experience
* Excellent customer service skills
* Willingness and acceptance to drive on any run and to be flexible in all aspects of work
* Flexibility to work out of hours when required.
* Good teamwork and able to work alone
* Drivers CPC
* AVSEC Cargo Operative Driver (COD)
40 hrs per week, day shifts (early starts may vary)
£20,000 - £23,000 depending on experience + overtime
* CPC and AVSEC COD training provided
* Company or Drivers' Medical checks provided
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Initial 20 days holiday (rising to 25 after 5 years' service), in addition to public holidays
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.