Tooling Engineer - REF No. EB5392
Industry Sector: Engineering - Production
Salary: circa £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
The Tooling Engineer will supervise, direct and co-ordinates all tooling activities and requirements of the department, ensuring that Key Performance Indicators of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost are met. The Tooling Engineer will be working closely with Production, Supervisors, Engineers and Planners, so good technical and communication skills will be required.
Detailed Job Description
EB5392: Tooling Engineer
Salary: £40,000 DOE
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, Quarterly Bonuses, Healthcare.
The Tooling Engineer will supervise, direct and co-ordinates all tooling activities and requirements of the department, ensuring that Key Performance Indicators of Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost are met.
The Tooling Engineer will be working closely with Production, Supervisors, Engineers and Planners, so good technical and communication skills will be required.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Day to day management and control of all tooling and assemblies including dies and mandrels
* Assisting with the development of short and medium term tooling plans in line with order demands and company objectives
* The continuous improvement of tooling through the design and selection of solutions to enhance overall performance, increase tooling life and reduce costs
* Ensuring that tools are processed and prepared to adequate quality standards and inspection testing procedures
* Ensuring machines are operated to optimum capability, utilizing lean methods such as OEE, maximising machine availability and monitoring maintenance requirements
* Assist production supervisors in day to day departmental issues; allocating work through team leaders and monitoring team and operator performance
* Maintaining effective communication with all levels in the Production area and other business functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Ideally degree qualified or previous experience supported by relevant NVQ
* Previous experience in tool management
* Results driven, with a focus on continuous improvement
* Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.