Maintenance Engineer - REF No. EB5388
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electrical
Salary: circa £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
The main role of the Maintenance Engineer will be to action preventative planned maintenance systems, whilst assuring that all maintenance activities conducted by them are of a high standard. The role of Maintenance Engineer is to support the Engineering Manager in providing safe, reliable plant and buildings. The role of Maintenance Engineer comes with a very competitive salary of £28K, but also comes with additional bonuses, Pension and Private Health Care
Detailed Job Description
EB5388 Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £28,000 plus Bonuses
Location: Willenhall, West Midlands
Benefits: Pension, Holidays & Private Health Care
The main role of the Maintenance Engineer will be to action preventative planned maintenance systems, whilst assuring that all maintenance activities conducted by them are of a high standard. The role of Maintenance Engineer is to support the Engineering Manager in providing safe, reliable plant and buildings.
The role of Maintenance Engineer comes with a very competitive salary of £28K, but also comes with additional bonuses, Pension and Private Health Care
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Funtions / Responsibilities
* To operate safely at all times
* Develop and maintain a register of site plant and equipment
* Carry out routine inspections of plant, equipment and buildings to ensure that they are in safe working order and comply with warranty, legal and insurance requirements.
* Carry out a structured program of preventative maintenance as agreed with the Engineering Manager
* Respond promptly to notification of plant/equipment failure/defect (Including out of hours cover) to establish the cause and nature of the problem and to identify and recommend appropriate corrective action.
* Liaise with the Engineering Manager and site Manager to establish the costs and benefits of potential actions and action within agreed parameters.
* Ensure accurate and timely update of the of the Engineering Management System (EMS) in line with agreed protocols.
* Assist with maintaining and recording of calibrations of plant and equipment in line with agreed schedules.
* Provide technical support, advice and guidance to the production teams
* Report promptly any potentially dangerous incidents including near misses that may lead to breakdown or malfunction, to the General Manager, Works Manager or Engineering Manager.
* Assist with the delivery of major engineering/construction projects as required.
* GM / WM / EM- Priorities, Support
* Group Engineering - capability / priorities
* Site Team - Sharing, Support
* Suppliers / Contractors - management & control
* Government agencies , insurers etc.- compliance
* Reduce downtime
* Reduce risk in plant and buildings
* Reduce risk to self and others in undertaking all activities.
* Improve 5S and Environmental standards
* Maintain accurate records
Experience / Qualifications:
* Recognised Engineering Qualifications, but need to be Electrical Bias
* Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
* Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work such other hours as the company may deem necessary.
* Sound communication / training skills
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.