Project Manager - REF No. NL5339
Industry Sector: Building Services
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £40000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
This is an amazing opportunity to join a quality building company that builds & renovates residential and commercial properties throughout London and the South East. To manage and administer multiple sites, construction activities to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality in respect of workmanship and materials. To maintain a safe working environment.
Detailed Job Description
This is an amazing opportunity to join a quality building company that builds & renovates residential and commercial properties throughout London and the South East.
To manage and administer multiple sites, construction activities to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality in respect of workmanship and materials. To maintain a safe working environment.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position, although all suitably qualified applicants (including those with no military background) will be considered.
* To facilitate the timely project completion
* initiate project into schedule
* Set proposed manufacture start date and completion date
* Check procedures for ordering materials and appliances have been followed, and monitor
* Check for items on long lead times that may need immediate ordering
* Prepare daily production report
* Track progress and circulate information and queries to colleagues and customers as required to avoid delays
* Ensure that all costs are controlled in line with budget
* Ensure that procedures/processes are followed
* Correspond with client and/or consultants including the receipt and review of variations, drawings for distribution
* Set date for Quality Control (QC) Inspection
* Attend the quality control/prepare QC report and update all parties
* All items on the handover document are complete prior to practical completion
* Control of materials, plant, labour, subcontractors etc
Health and safety :
* Maintain Company H&S procedures
* Ensure all site employees understand and comply with H&S procedures
* Ensure work areas remain clean and safe - continuously check for hazardous conditions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Relevant level 4 or above qualification (e.g. HNC) in a construction related subject such as building surveying, M&E, structural or civil engineering, architecture, quantity surveying, project or construction management.
* Post-qualification experience of managing external consultants and contractors in an occupied building or construction environment and organization of project delivery effectively on time, budget and to agreed quality standards.
* Experience of applying project planning principles with the ability to take a robust project brief from inception through to project delivery.
* Knowledge of matters relevant to the scheduling process, including planning techniques.
* Experience of practical application of health and safety issues including client-side standards.
* The ability to develop a good understanding of the needs of customers/stakeholders including anticipating their needs.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.