Distribution Coordinator - REF No. NL5309
Industry Sector: Warehousing and Logistics
Location: Greater London, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
To manage the Distribution office on a shift basis to make sure that all driving activity for the Company is allocated in a timely fashion with appropriate vehicles and drivers to meet the required deadlines. Organize all drivers and vehicles used are within the defined Company policy & procedures along with legal and statutory obligations in respect of the Fleet.
Detailed Job Description
To manage the Distribution office on a shift basis to make sure that all driving activity for the Company is allocated in a timely fashion with appropriate vehicles and drivers to meet the required deadlines.
Organize all drivers and vehicles used are within the defined Company policy & procedures along with legal and statutory obligations in respect of the Fleet.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
* Arrange for Drivers from approved driving agencies whilst monitoring and providing feedback to the Distribution Manager any failure to the defined Service Level Agreements. Appraisals are completed to assist the driver agency to provide drivers who meet the required specification.
* Temporary drivers are to be fully inducted into Company policies/procedures and Induction records completed and filed with the Group Health & Safety Manager
* Manage human resource of warehouseman/drivers minimising the requirement for overtime by balancing between collections/deliveries/warehouse duties to ensure best possible use of resources.
* Assess that all the scheduled deliveries and collections on the distribution schedule and on-going requests are achieved and on time and take necessary action to prevent delays.
* Deputize in the absence of the Distribution Controller/Manager and attend the daily Rental Office meeting.
* Manage return of Sub-Hire equipment with the appropriate Department within the required timescale
* Work closely with the Rental Office before signing off the Distribution Schedule for next day deliveries/collections to schedule delivery/collection times more evenly
* Participate in departmental projects and improvement initiatives and pro-actively communicate any constructive productivity improvements.
* A positive, flexible attitude to work is required, as is the ability to perform well under pressure in order to meet the demands of a busy, often unpredictable industry. Based on a 40-hour week shift basis (early/late), with some rotational weekend working.
* LGV Class C (HGV Class II) driving licence is preferred
* Safety conscious at all times, observant and with good attention to detail
* Organization & commitment, understand the importance of tight schedules
* Problem solver and able to adapt quickly to ever changing situations in a pressured environment
* Prepared to take responsibility and be held accountable
* Approachable and reliable
* Committed to delivery and customer focused (internal and external)
* Ability to establish good working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels
* Flexible, positive attitude, ability to work on own initiative, adaptive to change and determination to succeed.
* Proactive and hands-on approach, ability to be creative, generate new ideas and pursue opportunities, overcoming obstacles where necessary.
* A passion for exceeding customer expectations and a willingness to go the extra mile.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Salary: circa £25-30K + Overtime
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.