Support Engineer - REF No. BS5275
Industry Sector: Engineering - Support
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England
Salary: from £26000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
One of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of advanced driving robots used for vehicle development is now looking to recruit a Support Engineer to provide high quality support and customer training.
Detailed Job Description
BS5275: Support Engineer
Location: Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,000-28,000 depending on experience
One of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of advanced driving robots used for vehicle development is now looking to recruit a Support Engineer to provide high quality support and customer training. As a member of the team, The Support Engineer will report to a Chief Engineer and will be provided with training and mentoring to enable them to develop a thorough understanding of the products and how to provide support and training.
* Fielding support requests from customers via email and telephone, providing assistance and debug
advice, liaising with experienced engineers within the company when necessary
* Providing training to customers on the use of new robots. This could be at the company's headquarters in Wiltshire and also at customer proving grounds worldwide
* Testing new driving robot software releases
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
* Confident and effective communicator
* Good level of written and oral English
* Ability to build a rapport with others
* Willingness to travel
* A technical background which could be a degree or an HND in a relevant technical area such as
automotive or engineering
* Experience in dealing with customers (desirable)
* Fluency in additional languages (desirable)
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.