Systems Engineer - REF No. BS5274
Industry Sector: Engineering - Systems
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, England
Salary: from £28000 to £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
As a member of the team, The Systems Engineer will have a background in computer vision and sensor processing to join the team to help develop new products for the Company's driverless vehicle technology in the automotive testing sector.
Detailed Job Description
BS5274: Systems Engineer
Location: Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000-35,000 depending on experience
One of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of advanced driving robots used for vehicle development is now looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to join its Systems and Applications Group. As a member of the team, The Systems Engineer will have a background in computer vision and sensor processing to join the team to help develop new products for the Company's driverless vehicle technology in the automotive testing sector.
* The role will have a particular emphasis on developing algorithms for processing data from sensors such as from cameras, lidar and radar for the detection and classification of hazards on the road to prevent vehicle collisions.
* The role will also include non-computer vision based software development for the management of fleets of vehicles that will require skills in C/C++ real-time embedded programming, vehicle dynamics, algorithms, optimisation and networking.
* Requirements capture
* Deployment and support
* Some travel abroad may be involved for short durations to visit customer sites and provide training and support for the new products that the candidate will develop.
* For the development of sensor technology, the candidate will also be required to spend some time track testing the products using Company robots.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
* A Master's/PhD in Computer Science with emphasis on computer vision techniques that apply to robotics
A Master's/PhD in other STEM subjects but with good knowledge & expertise in computer vision through prior work experience.
* Programming languages: C,C++, MATLAB
* Knowledge areas: Computer Vision for robotics, Sensor Processing (Lidar, Radar), Algorithms, Ethernet Networks, TCP/UDP
* Operating Systems: Linux (Debian/Ubuntu), Windows
* Can work with robot hardware as well as software
* Can learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, programming languages and concepts
* Enthusiasm for solving complex problems using software
* Willingness to travel abroad for work for short durations
* Can interact with end customers to understand requirements and provide support
* Can drive cars or is willing to learn for track testing the Company's products
* Programming languages: C#, C++, Python, CUDA, OpenCL
* Computer Vision for Robotics topics: Real-time object detection and classification, Visual SLAM, lane detection
* Knowledge Areas: Computer vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine/Deep Learning, Data Fusion, Inertial Navigation, Kalman Filtering, Real-time embedded device programming, Digital Electronics, Control systems (PID), Vehicle Dynamics, Complex Systems, Systems Engineering, Graphs/Networks
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.