UHF Satcom Project Manager - REF No. BS5086
Industry Sector: Project Management
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £42000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The UHF Satcom Project Manager will take responsibility for the successful delivery of a variety engineering Projects, in particular UHF SATCOM, as delegated by the Programme Manager.
Detailed Job Description
BS5086: UHF Satcom Project Manager
Salary: £42,000-45,000, plus Car Allowance and Benefits
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
A successful engineering & manufacturing services company, supplying products and services to the Defence, Aerospace and Homeland Security market sectors, is now looking for an experienced UHF Satcom Project Manager to take responsibility for the successful delivery of a variety engineering Projects, in particular UHF SATCOM, as delegated by the Programme Manager. Reporting to the Programme Manager The UHF Satcom Project Manager provides disciplined, repeatable Project Management output, supported by a sound understanding of military, maritime engineering practices. The UHF Satcom Project Manager is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum, ensuring the overall integrity and coherence of Project requirements, delivering successfully to Time, Cost and Quality. The role is customer facing and also has a proactive business development requirement.
This role would suit ex-military candidates and applications from ex-service personnel are strongly encouraged.
* Planning, maintaining and delivering effective projects, proactively monitoring and actively influencing progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
* Ensuring effective time, cost and quality controls throughout the project lifespan, focussing inwardly on the consistency of the project and alignment with Company strategy, and outwardly on its coherence with customer expectation and specified standards.
* Facilitating and managing the output of individuals assigned to Integrated Project Teams.
* Ensuring the maintenance of sufficient resources and skills for required project activities.
* Managing communications with all internal and relevant external stakeholders.
* Managing risks and issues which may affect the projects' successful outcomes.
* Initiating training, skills development and recruitment requests wherever resource gaps in the project are forecasted or identified.
* Reporting the progress of projects at determined intervals to the Programme Manager.
* Proactive identification and exploitation of all new business development opportunities.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Effective leadership, management, interpersonal and communications skills, preferably to a nationally recognised accreditation level.
* The ability to command respect and create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
* A strong understanding of military, maritime engineering standards and requirements.
* UHF SATCOM experience essential
* Knowledge and experience in the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
* Sound written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of Project documentation.
* Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP, PRINCE2, APM, Change Management and MoR.
* Proven experience of budget management and control, preferably with a working knowledge of the SAGE system.
* All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level. Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.