Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing - REF No. BS5078
Industry Sector: Engineering - Maintenance
Location: Wrexham, Wales
Salary: to £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The Maintenance Engineer's main role is to support leading the maintenance team, driving and delivering to operational targets within budget and timescale. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for motivating, increasing communication and supporting the maintenance team in the delivery of these targets both short and long term.
Detailed Job Description
BS5078: Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing
Location: Wrexham, Denbighshire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer to work in its Wrexham facility. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Engineer's main role is to support leading the maintenance team, driving and delivering to operational targets within budget and timescale. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for motivating, increasing communication and supporting the maintenance team in the delivery of these targets both short and long term.
* Coordinate and design preventative maintenance systems.
* Maintain the processes regarding how the team works
* Lead and take responsibility for particular electrical maintenance projects.
* Direct line leadership of the maintenance team. Co-ordinating activities across all shift patterns
* Develop maintenance team via performance management and training.
* Manage to site standards, conditions and procedures.
* Direct control of contract resource.
* Measure, communicate and drive improvement for all maintenance measures, Including; PPM Completion %, Shift Task Close Out Ratio, Machine Downtime, Category A Breakdown Ratios.
* Implement lean / continuous improvement activity and strategy.
* Support project activity
* Ensure all site services are correctly monitored and maintained
* Support the Identification and implementation of actions to minimise conversion costs, with specific focus on Energy and Maintenance spend.
* Ensure adherence and improvement in all safety and environmental standards.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Educated to a minimum of HNC standard in an electrical engineering discipline.
* Preferably have gained "Hands On" maintenance experience through completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship.
* Previous supervisory experience would be advantageous.
* Training can be provided for a successful candidate, who does not have this background.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent process based knowledge and project management skills
* Self-Starter / Motivator
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.