Transport Security Inspectors - REF No. HQ5030
Industry Sector: Security Cleared Jobs
Location: Central London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £33990 to £36880 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Our client is seeking multiple Transport Security Inspectors to join their team in London to focus on direct monitoring and assessing of industry compliance against regulatory requirements of the UK land and maritime security regimes. You will be assigned to either Land Transport Security Compliance team or Maritime Security Compliance team in the Department for Transport. You will be required to travel regularly within the UK including overnight stays. Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Description
Our client is seeking multiple Transport Security Inspectors to join their team in London to focus on direct monitoring and assessing of industry compliance against regulatory requirements of the UK land and maritime security regimes. You will be assigned to either Land Transport Security Compliance team or Maritime Security Compliance team in the Department for Transport. You will be required to travel regularly within the UK including overnight stays.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Undertake close observations, inspections, audits & tests across the UK as part of a risk-based programme of compliance activity to assess and improve industry compliance with security requirements.
* In the event of less than full compliance with the requirements, follow the 'stepped approach' in accordance with internal procedures and guidance, seeking swift and sustainable rectification of any failings by industry.
* Ensure accurate, succinct and focussed information about findings of above compliance activity are entered onto the relevant database in a timely manner to contribute to an accurate picture of compliance levels across the transport industries. Write up work activity reports, meeting notes and produce official letters to stakeholders.
* Liaise with industry representatives on site visits to conduct compliance activities in an effective, professional and consistent manner likely to improve the chances of achieving maximum compliance; ensuring that constructive feedback is given to appropriate industry management and staff at the conclusion of compliance activity and proactively sharing knowledge and information about the relevant requirements. Promote best practice.
* Lead some inspections with colleagues; participate in others with colleagues and attend others in a singleton capacity.
* Assist in the reaction to and handling of transport security incidents as required. Where required, properly investigate and follow-up actual or alleged breaches of security and assist with the production of appropriate briefing documents.
* Pro-actively monitor personal expenditure on travel, subsistence and overtime to ensure value for money and conformity with relevant rules, in the context of a significant amount of travel and out of hours working required to deliver compliance activity in the field and across the UK.
* Willingness to undergo security clearance to SC level.
* Very regular working (including travel) away from the office around the UK (2-3 days a week on average), including overnight stays (up to 2 per week on average in Maritime and more like 1 night per week in land). Anyone appointed will need to hold a full valid UK driving licence.
* May include some early morning, evening and weekend working by arrangement as necessary to deliver the compliance programme(time off in lieu or overtime available)
* You may need to undertake a pre-employment medical relevant to the requirements of the role.
* Willingness to be contactable on best endeavours basis out of hours and at weekends as necessary to support the response to security related incidents and events.
* A willingness to undertake occasional travel overseas for maritime security inspectors is essential
* Due to the nature of this role, this position is open to UK Nationals only
* Previous regulatory experience.
* Protective security knowledge.
* Previous experience in an outward-facing / industry contact role
* Diplomacy/relationship building skills.
£33,990 - £36,880 + benefits
Hours: 36/37 hours
Closing date: 29 th December 2017
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.