Project Manager - REF No. HQ5018
Industry Sector: Project Management
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £50000 to £55000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Emma Holland
An exciting opportunity for a Project Manager has become available to work for a global provider of an integrated range of hardware and software solutions, consultancy and support services to the cash processing industry. You will provide project management for the implementation of ECM solutions to commercial banks, cash in transit companies and central banks globally in line with the contract and agreed commitments with customers. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged
Detailed Job Description
An exciting opportunity for a Project Manager has become available to work for a global provider of an integrated range of hardware and software solutions, consultancy and support services to the cash processing industry. You will provide project management for the implementation of ECM solutions to commercial banks, cash in transit companies and central banks globally in line with the contract and agreed commitments with customers.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged .
Key activities ;
* Project Manage the implementation of Enterprise Cash Management suite software products within the company's contractual obligations within budget
* Agree specifications and project plans with customers. Hold regular progress meetings with the customer, issuing weekly internal project reports detailing progress/risks/cash flow etc.
* Manage installation and commissioning of software application within the agreed project plan including managing training programmes for customer personnel and others as necessary.
* Manage customer relationships at all levels to ensure full satisfaction with performance from formal contract signed-off through delivery and services supplied to post project review meetings.
* Manage internal project team and subcontractors' personnel to achieve the project plan and objectives.
* Ensure scope management without being obstructive i.e. deferring new requests to subsequent phasing and managing clear boundaries between disparate deliverables like ECM ISA, interface/report/device driver/core developments and Business Intelligence wherever possible
* Provide detailed resource capacity planning to highlight possible constraints
* To have a detailed knowledge of the contract and the solution to be implemented, and to be the main point of contact both internally and externally on all project issues
* To ensure that the projects are delivered in the timescale agreed with the customer, within the cost estimated and that all activities over and above the contract requirements are agreed with and invoiced to the customer
* To chair and minute internal and external project progress meetings
* To maintain a clear change management process so that all items outside the scope of the contract are highlighted and signed off by the customer. Such as Consultancy Service Order (CSO) and Functional Specification Requirements (FSD)
* Check and accept project release documentation to ensure it reflects pre-contract sign offs and it is sufficiently detailed.
* To liaise with the customer's representatives on operational matters and formally meet with the customer as required.
* To maintain a project schedule document, ensuring the Customer is regularly informed of any risks to the implementation schedule and actions taken to mitigate these risks
* To maintain project files and documentation such as Statement of Work (SOW), detail project plan.
* Work with internal release management to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in the ECM software applications.
Qualifications & Experience ;
* Educated to a Degree standard in a technical discipline.
* Have 3 to 4 years' experience in project management software implementation into customer production environments
* PRINCE2 or PMP qualification preferred and not essential
* Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and Vision
* Experience of delivering high value projects in a project management or implementation position
* Experience of managing multidisciplinary project teams
* Competent in process analysis and risk assessment/mitigation
* Flexible approach with enthusiasm to spend a substantial amount of time abroad, sometimes in challenging environments
* Unix, Linux, VMware & Citrix / RDS knowledge
* Crystal Reports; Telerik / Kendo UI Reports
* SSIS and SSRS
* Knowledge of Web development
* Testing of business critical packages
* Good technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
General Skills ;
* Excellent written / oral English language skills need to be demonstrated; expected to develop and present ideas clearly in user-friendly language.
* A good working knowledge of a second language preferably Spanish or Chinese
* Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
* Should continuously strive to increase technical knowledge and explore new techniques for providing solutions
* A true self-starter that can work independently and affectively under pressure but also pro-active when there is no immediate deadline
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to work professionally with customers in difficult situations
* Creative and able to think 'outside the box'
The ability to focus oneself and others on achieving specific outcomes.
Establish a strong direction and a persuasive future vision in order to build a sustainable high performing culture across the organisation.
Strategic Decision Making
Analyse and use evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well-reasoned justifiable decisions.
Applies in-depth understanding of the value drivers of the industry & company, to improve effectiveness & profitability.
Collaboration & Influencing
Overcome significant cultural, historical or industry barriers to create team work amongst groups that are actively in opposition, leading to outstanding business practices.
Recognise both internal and external customer's needs and balances available resources and skills to strive to exceed them.
Drive and create a culture of innovation and change, constantly striving to improve themselves and those around them.
* 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Healthcare provided for employee (taxable benefit)
* Life Assurance 4 times basic salary
* £50,000 - £55,000 DOE
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.