Commercial Manager / Director - REF No. HQ5007
Industry Sector: Marine
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £35000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Our client requires a Commercial Manager/Director to manage the day to day operational and commercial areas within its business. They are an award winning installations, refits, remodelling and restoration of equipment and systems, to leisure and commercial marine vessels based in the Swanwick Marina area. Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Description
Our client requires a Commercial Manager/Director to manage the day to day operational and commercial areas within its business. They are an award winning installations, refits, remodelling and restoration of equipment and systems, to leisure and commercial marine vessels based in the Swanwick Marina area.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
The commercial manager / director will manage the handover process of all projects from the sales department to the commercial department and will manage the execution of these projects on a day by day basis to ensure quality workmanship, time in adhered to and that on the commencement of all projects that all materials are made available for each project. You will also lead and manage the company's marketing activity in terms of deciding which shows the company attends based on previous ROI, with the CEO. The scale of activity at each show, attendees and budgets, all in agreement. In the CEO's absence the commercial manager / director will act as the main focal point within the business for all business related matters.
* Planning in of all projects within the business and adherence to the ISO process
* Management of all procurement activities within the business to ensure goods are available for the commencement of all projects in a timely manner and as required
* Manage the handover of all projects from the sales team members to the commercial department ensuring that all appropriate documentation is completed and correct and that all timelines have been agreed and are achievable.
* Manage the financial aspects of the business including aged debt, cash flow management and supplier payments working closely with the accounts manager.
* Manage the companies ISO 9001/2015 processes in line with the required standards and to implement any changes as deemed necessary to ensure the company retains its certification
* Manage the H&S processes within the business linking these to the current ISO standard
* Set and manage a number of key performance indicators within the Client's business and to also set and monitor key performance indicators for all direct and indirect reports
* Lead and chair the weekly operations meeting covering all related aspects and ensuring that actions are both noted and completed as required against agreed timelines.
* Prepare a formal board report on a monthly basis and attend the monthly board meeting to cover all areas of responsibility.
* Manage the companies' facilities in Swanwick Marina and also in Southampton ensuring all adhere to company requirements and are fit for purposes and maintained to a high standard.
* Manage the company's fleet of vehicles, ensuring that they are maintained and managed in accordance with law.
* Act as the main focal point for all projects within the Client's business from a management, sales and engineering perspective and to take all necessary action to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and in full.
* Review each project at handover stage and ensure that the agreed margins set by the board are achieved.
* Manage the marketing function within the business in relation to business publicity, show identification, set up and attendance, company website, EBay sales and general company branding with the Marketing Manager.
* Play an active role in the setting and achievement of the companies' budgets for the next 3 years
* Play an active role in the management of business overheads to control these in line with the agreed budget
* Attend as required, client meetings in support of the sales function
* Review the companies' supplier network and look for alterative suppliers to bring savings to the business.
* Plan in and manage a monthly engineers meeting and to follow up on any issues that arise
Key KPI's for the role:
All projects commence and complete on time
All projects are delivered within the agreed budget or approval sought to continue
All requests from CEO are actioned
All H&S matters are dealt with in a timely manner
All ISO processes are followed
All shows and marketing activity are planned in, agreed and within budget
The aged debt and cash flow of the business is managed accordingly
Mon to Thur: 8.30am until 5.30pm, Friday: 8.30am until 3pm
£35,000 to £50,000 depending on experience + benefits
Swanwick Marina, Southampton
20 days plus statutory holidays, pension and health cover
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.