Fuel Operator - REF No. HQ4996
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Location: Eye, Suffolk, England
Salary: from £19000 to £23000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Evan Jeposa
An opportunity has become available for a fuel operator in the Peterborough area. The successful candidate will join an expanding market leader. Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged. The position is ideally suited for someone who is used to working within a team, in a production based environment. You will be supporting the Fuel Team Leader and embrace the flexibility that the role requires.
Detailed Job Description
HQ4996: Fuel Operator
Location: Eye, Peterborough, Suffolk
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000 (DOE)
An opportunity has become available for a fuel operator in the Peterborough area. The successful candidate will join an expanding market leader.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
The position is ideally suited for someone who is used to working within a team and who can embrace the flexibility that the role requires in supporting the Fuel Team Leader.
* Report to the Fuel Team Leader
* Assist in the safe and efficient delivery of fuel into the plant
* Conduct plant maintenance activities
* Conduct fuel and ash sampling
* Investigate plant problems and identifying solutions to ensure maximum plant availability and performance
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Be available to work split shifts consisting of days, nights and weekend shifts
* Minimum of two years' experience in a production based environment
* Physically fit and able to undertake heavy physical work, sometimes in adverse conditions.
* Qualified to drive an articulated 38-T lorry
* Qualified to drive a wheeled loading shovel
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Strong work ethic; self-starter; results orientated
* Good ability to plan and anticipate
* Have a high degree of flexibility within the work context
* Good team player
Salary ranges between £19,000 and £23,000
The Fuel Operator will work 40-hour weeks
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Government pension scheme
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.