Electrical Engineer - REF No. SW 4929
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electrical
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: from £25000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: South West
Consultant: Lee Clayson
Electrical/Electronic Engineer to undertake safe and efficient planned maintenance and defect diagnosis and rectification on all systems and equipment in a marine environment and onshore infrastructure.
Detailed Job Description
SW 4726: Electrical Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
My client wishes to appoint an Electrical/Electronic Engineer to undertake safe and efficient planned maintenance and defect diagnosis and rectification on all electrics and electronic systems and equipment in a marine environment and onshore infrastructure.
Main Responsibilities :
* Planned and defect maintenance of all main switchboard components, including breakers, meters and associated switchgear
* General maintenance, diagnosis and repair of faults, using standard test equipment, of defects in 415 volts air cooled AC alternators and associated components
* Maintenance and repair of all 230 volt AC internal lighting circuits and external navigation lights, including switches, distribution boxes and light fittings
* The routine maintenance and servicing of the 24 volt lead acid engine start and emergency supply batteries
* The routine maintenance and defect repair of all machinery alarm and warning systems
* Requisition of all electrical/electronic spares, through the storekeeper, required for planned and breakdown maintenance
* The design and modification of existing and new electrical systems, aboard and company buildings
* General electrical maintenance and repair of electrical systems in all company buildings
* Managing and maintaining the UHF and VHF radio systems and Navaids
* Ensure that all tasks and duties are carried out in accordance with current Health and Safety regulations
* Any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade of the post including callouts to assist in out of hours emergencies
Experience and Qualifications :
* Electrical apprenticeship or equivalent Armed Forces experience
* C&G Engineering Levels 1, 2 & 3
* Current IEE Regulations qualification (Desirable)
* 2 years post apprenticeship experience of working in a Marine Maintenance/Repair environment
* A thorough working knowledge of electrical workshop machinery and safety precautions
* A thorough understanding of the interpretation of electrical drawings
* A thorough understanding of the planned and defect maintenance (including diagnostics) of electrical and electronic systems associated with power generation and distribution to electric propulsion and auxiliary systems and equipments, including control systems; and electrical installations and maintenance in the shore infrastructure environment
* A good knowledge of Health and Safety rules and regulations and Safe Systems of Work including Risk Assessments and Method Statements
* Ability to prioritise own workload and to meet deadlines
* Pro-active and assertive, with a positive attitude
Must be willing to work weekends on specific tasks and to be able to respond to out of hours emergency call outs. This role is particularly suited to ex-services, and people from the Royal Navy, Army and RAF are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are to submit their CV in the first instance and a covering letter if possible. Forces Recruitment Services were the first military recruitment company and are still the largest. We are providing an agency style service for our client. Please ask for Lee when making contact.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.