Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - REF No. EB4925
Industry Sector: Health and Safety
Salary: from £35000 to £42000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
A requirement for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager has arisen to work with a world leading manufacturer. The prime objective for the role of Environmental, Heath & Safety Manager is to drive the implementation and sustainment of Environmental, Health & Safety activities throughout the site. The role of Environmental, Heath & Safety Manager has a salary between £35K to £42K for the right candidate and a very good Benefits Package. The Environmental, Heath & Safety Manager will report to the UK Business Improvement and Sustainability Manager.
Detailed Job Description
EB4925 Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £42,000 DOE
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday, Pension
A requirement for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager has arisen to work with a world leading manufacturer. The prime objective for the role of Environmental, Heath & Safety Manager is to drive the implementation and sustainment of Environmental, Health & Safety activities throughout the site.
The role of Environmental, Heath & Safety Manager has a salary between £35K to £42K for the right candidate and a very good Benefits Package. The Environmental, Heath & Safety Manager will report to the UK Business Improvement and Sustainability Manager.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties & Accountabilities (Health & Safety):
* Co-ordinating Health and Safety activities across the Portobello site
* Working with the UK Business Improvement Manager to deploy the global Health & Safety policy and the development of strategies to reduce risk
* Collation of Portobello site accident statistics (leading and lagging indicators)
* Co-ordinating the site risk assessment programme and assisting in outlining safe operational procedures to reduce risks
* Producing accurate management reports, newsletters and bulletins to promote Health & Safety activities and increase awareness throughout the business
* Co-ordinating and where required assisting in accident investigations and the identification
* of remedial measures and root cause to reduce Injury rates
* Liaising with specialist bodies such as the HSE, insurance companies, insurance claims assessors and occupational health personnel
* Identify any training needs to improve the Health & Safety culture within the business and to meet legislative requirements
* Responding to general health and safety enquiries raised by employees / supervisors
* Work with group leaders to ensure the provision of appropriate PPE
* Creation and delivery of "tool box talks"
* Keeping up to date with Health & Safety legislation and cascading throughout the business
* Advice on the implementation of new layouts/plant and equipment
* Creation of scheduled inspection program to ensure statutory compliance is maintained
Main Duties & Accountabilities (Environmental):
* Liaison with external bodies including the Environment Agency and Water Authorities
* Coordination of internal and external audits of the Environmental Management System
* Awareness of and planning for changes in legislative requirements to ensure continued compliance
* Maintain required levels of documentation and records to ensure legal compliance
* Provide technical direction to all departments
* Develop environmental management system towards ISO14001:2015
* Collation of the information required for corporate Global environmental reporting
* Identification and completion of energy saving projects using a team based approach
* Any other duties required to assist in supporting the achievement of Company objectives
Experience / Qualifications:
* NEBOSH Certificate
* ISO 14001 Auditor
* Qualification in environmental science
* Dealing with Environmental, Health & Safety matters in a fast-moving dynamic environment
* Conducting risk assessments across all areas of a varied business and driving teams to introduce control measures to reduce residual risk
* Participation in IS0 14001 surveillance and accreditation audits
* Previous experience of deploying Health & Safety Policies and Procedures in a large organisation
* Member of the institution of chartered occupational Health & Safety (CMIOSH)
* ISO 18001 auditor
* Experience of running energy reduction projects
* Involvement in large scale transformation activities
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.