Mechanical Engineer - REF No. SW 4919
Industry Sector: Engineering - Mechanical
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: from £25000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: South West
Consultant: Lee Clayson
You will be responsible to the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor for undertaking safe and efficient maintenance of mechanical machinery and systems both aboard and ashore.
Detailed Job Description
SW 4919: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
My client, based in Plymouth, is looking for a Mechanical Engineer, preferably from a Marine background. You will be responsible to the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor for undertaking safe and efficient maintenance of mechanical machinery and systems both aboard and ashore.
* Complete planned maintenance and defect rectification on all equipment, systems, and associated structures and fittings
* Complete planned maintenance and defect rectification activity within the shore infrastructure
* Ensure that all activity complies with applicable legislation and safe systems of work.
* Ensure that all workshops, tools and equipment under his/her control are kept in a safe and clean condition
* Other duties that may reasonably be requested including callouts to assist in out of hours emergencies.
* Fully indentured Fitter/Turner (Full Apprenticeship) or Armed Forces equivalent
* C&G Engineering Levels 1,2 &3
* A thorough working knowledge of complex engineering workshop machinery
* An understanding of the interpretation of engineering drawings and the ability to manufacture accurate components from them
* A thorough understanding of on board systems, the safe operation, maintenance and rectification of them.
* A good knowledge of Health and Safety rules and regulations.
* Basic Health and Safety qualification (Desirable)
* First Aid qualification (Desirable)
You will be expected to work on some weekends when PPM is required. There is also a need to respond to call-outs as required.
This role is particularly suited to those from and an ex-forces background and those from a Royal Navy, Army or RAF background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. We are providing the services of a Recruitment Agency for our client. Please ask for Lee when responding.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.