BMS Control Maintenance Engineer - REF No. NL4840
Industry Sector: Engineering - Systems
Location: South East
Salary: from £30000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
A fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading building services controls provider. Salary up to £45K for the right experience The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduled day to day planned preventative maintenance and operational integrity of installed BMS control systems across a variety of sites; will carry out remedial and small works jobs; assist with site surveys for PPM and small works.
Detailed Job Description
A fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading building services controls provider. Salary up to £45K for the right experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduled day to day planned preventative maintenance and operational integrity of installed BMS control systems across a variety of sites; will carry out remedial and small works jobs; assist with site surveys for PPM and small works.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities :
* Maintain operational integrity of clients installed BMS to a high level.
* Keep comprehensive records of all work undertaken.
* Produce updated asset registers for all networks, outstations, field equipment and Supervisor PC's.
* Ensure that up to date software backups are taken and stored to the server.
* Attend to emergency callout, remedial and extra works tasks.
* Provide the client with detailed and meaningful reports.
* Identify opportunities for implementing energy reduction strategies and / or enhancements
* Carry out site surveys for proposed PPM Contracts and small works.
* Validate and maintain the asset register for individual sites.
* Establish that all physical licences, tokens and software discs are available and document their whereabouts.
* Assist with the preparation of a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule for all installed outstations and controls.
* Prepare Dynamic Risk Assessments; provide feedback on Method Statements, Access and Work Permits.
* Action alarms received where a head end or user interface is fitted.
* Maintain a database of outstation control strategy backups and regularly submit to office to the approved procedure.
* Update the site O&M manuals with any discrepancies found during routine maintenance or after any changes have been made.
* Provide on-site quotations for minor remedial works (to be implemented at a later date with full procedural information provided).
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience working in the Building Management Systems sector.
* Experience of Trend /BACnet systems.
* Relevant experience working as a Field Service & Maintenance Engineer
* Full UK Driving licence
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills and the ability work with users of all levels
* Flexibility to working hours, on occasion late or weekend work.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.