Regional Security Support Officer - REF No. HQ4686
Industry Sector: Security
Salary: circa £8.2 per Hour
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Adam Bonner
A Security Support Officer is required to join our team in the Leicester/Leicestershire and Burton on Trent area. Applicants will be expected to work a mixture of day, evening and night shifts with varying start times between sites covering for holidays and illness absence. This will include some weekend working.
Detailed Job Description
Regional Security Support officer
Rate of Pay: £8.20 per hour
Employment Type: Permanent / Full Time
Hours: Minimum hours 48 hours -Maximum 60 hours
A Security Support Officer is required to join our team in the Leicester/Leicestershire and Burton on Trent area.
Applicants will be expected to work a mixture of day, evening and night shifts with varying start times between sites covering for holidays and illness absence. This will include some weekend working.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
We can offer successful candidates a full and work programme ideally suited to those who prefer variety in their working life. As the roles are predominantly Gatehouse and educational establishment and front of house based, prior experience in these sectors is desirable, as are excellent interpersonal skills and a polite, courteous manner. Full uniform is provided and training on each site will be given. It is expected that this position will yield 48 hours work per week minimum. A pension fund is available and bank holiday premiums are paid. In addition pro-rata annual leave is paid.
To provide an efficient and professional security service to clients as specified, demonstrating the highest levels of customer service; presenting at all times a smart, alert, visible and commanding security presence.
- Control access and egress of visitors, contractors and heavy goods vehicles utilising the equipment and systems provided
- Ensure clients' property and other assets are secure
- Searching of staff when required by client
- Answering all enquiries (in person or by phone) courteously and professionally
- Accurately operate designated alarm systems
- Complete daily logs noting all appropriate activity
- Produce accurate reports as and when needed
- Conduct sufficient internal and external patrols to ensure security of client's premises
- Conduct searches of staff when required· Be an effective liaison between the client and the company Contract Manager
- Be able to implement process changes on site and audit to required standard
- Be an effective ambassador for our business
- Current SIA Licence - Door Supervisor or Security Guarding
- Excellent verbal communication skills, pleasant manner, approachable, clearly spoken
- Excellent customer care skills· Have a good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Possesses computer literacy of at least a basic level
- Demonstrates basic numeracy and literacy skills for following instructions and preparing reports
- Demonstrates good observation skills
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude to changing working hours and patterns
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Have a current SIA Licence (DS or SG) CCTV desirable
- Have an unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Have a five year checkable history
- Have a Full UK Driving License
- Access to a reliable vehicle
Rate of Pay: £8.20 per hour
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.