Electrical Maintenance Technician / Engineer - REF No. BS4670
Industry Sector: Engineering - Maintenance
Location: New Milton, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £31000 to £33000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The top indoor pot plant grower in the UK is now looking to add an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician / Engineer to join its team to repair, service and improve its machines, equipment and site services.
Detailed Job Description
BS4670: Electrical Maintenance Technician / Engineer
Location: New Milton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £33,000
The top indoor pot plant grower in the UK is now looking to add an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician / Engineer to join its team to repair, service and improve its machines, equipment and site services. Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the Electrical Maintenance Technician / Engineer will be part of the 5 person team, who carry out all maintenance activity on site, the team's goal being to continuously strive to improve the uptime of the Company's equipment and reduce cost in support of its world class operation.
The Electrical Maintenance Technician will be proactive and take the necessary action to achieve the strategic long-term and short-term aims of the business, communicate in a positive/constructive manner at all levels and be willing to share knowledge and help others wherever possible. The Company is looking for someone who will also add value to the Maintenance Team by pitching in and helping with general maintenance work as well. There is also a weekend duty rota (typically 1 in 4), which includes its biomass, for which training will be given.
Hours are 7.30 - 16.15 Monday to Thursday with Friday having an early finish of 15.15.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
* Keep the Nursery well maintained and operational.
* Complete planned service (maintenance) programme, as scheduled. TPM
* Keep service records and critical spare parts stock.
* Improve service schedule based on wear and failure analysis.
* Repair machinery in a timely manner and maximise machine uptime.
* Provide Continuous improvements ideas and implement as required.
* Carry out projects in the workshop and on the nurseries.
* Be flexible with work hours to maximise production uptime and efficiency.
* Support the maintenance team, organising priority of work and providing assistance and support where needed.
* Carry out duties in a tidy and professional manner.
* Train staff how systems work and what techniques are used to develop and maintain equipment.
* Comply with all instructions issued by the Maintenance Team Leader in a prompt and efficient manner.
* Create a good communication link with the Block Managers and Team Leaders, updating them on job and project progress.
* Give regular constructive feedback to all members of the team regarding any successes achieved or areas for improvement required in weekly team briefings.
* Actively look, and encourage the team to look, for new ways to and improve energy / processes and efficiencies.
* Monitor and respond to suggestion scheme ideas in close communication with the team.
* Develop a culture within the team of customer awareness and quality standards.
* Create and monitor KPIs to ensure there is visibility of all production activities and success criteria.
* Ensure compliance with Health and safety legislation and company procedures at all times.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
* Factory / Armed Forces based electrical maintenance (not domestic).
* Hold 17th edition IEE wiring regulations qualification & it would be beneficial if candidates have C&G2391 electrical testing and inspecting qualifications.
* Repairing and servicing machines, robots and equipment.
* Pumps, multi stage / centrifugal, gearboxes.
* Electronic and control systems problem solving (desirable).
* Proactive and able to work on your own initiative.
* Good team worker & excellent communication skills.
Applicants interested in this position, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.