Lift Engineer - REF No. HQ4600
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electrical
Location: Guildford, Surrey, England
Salary: from £33000 to £38500 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
An opportunity has arisen for a Lift Engineer to join a well-established lifts company, to carry out all aspects of lift repair work including completing small lift refurbishment type projects to a high standard including the installation of new controllers, door operators and hydraulic equipment. Based in North Wales, our client is looking to grow the South of England area; therefore career opportunities should arise as the company expands.
Detailed Job Description
An opportunity has arisen for a Lift Engineer to join a well-established lifts company, to carry out all aspects of lift repair work including completing small lift refurbishment type projects to a high standard including the installation of new controllers, door operators and hydraulic equipment.
Based in North Wales, our client is looking to grow the South of England area; therefore career opportunities should arise as the company expands.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
The role will involve:
* Making routine checks on gears, motors, overload detection devices, brakes, doors and locks.
* Making minor repairs or isolating problems until a service can be carried out.
* Installing and fitting out lifts, lifting gear and lift wells.
* Refurbishing or replacing lift interiors, flooring, panel displays, communication systems, buttons and lighting.
* Updating work records and producing reports via PDA.
* Diagnosing faults.
* Analysing breakdown trends to identify recurring defects in equipment.
* Dealing with technical queries.
* Responsible at all times for Health and Safety and in line with BS7255:2012 Code of Practice for Safe Working on Lifts.
Experience & Requirements:
* NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering - Lift Servicing (Essential)
* City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition (Desirable)
* Have proven experience of working within a building services environment
* Have experience in supervising contractors and/or contract staff
* Demonstrate a keen knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and COSHH Acts/regulations as they affect service provision
* Have the ability to diagnose equipment failures and malfunctions and instruct contractors on the appropriate action required
* Be fully conversant with the maintenance requirements for all types of lift installations and equipment in general
* Excellent customer skills
* Flexible approach to duties and working hours
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. Our client has developed clear and concise training and development plans and is expecting business growth in 2017 and beyond.
Salary: £33,000 - £38,500 (DOE) + regular overtime
* Company Vehicle
* Mobile Phone
* Overtime (paid time and a half after 6pm onwards and weekends)
* 21 days' holiday and Bank Holiday
* Pension Scheme after 3 months
* Income Protection Plan
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.