Software Test Engineer - REF No. HQ4589
Industry Sector: Information Technology
Location: Horley, Surrey, England
Salary: from £35000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
An experienced Software Test Engineer, looking to progress to a team leader role, is required to test SSI software systems, including unit testing, regression testing to ensure the highest quality software prior to release, and ongoing soak testing of our client's systems. The successful candidate will be formally qualified, preferably to degree level, and will take part in moving our client's software from a legacy testing process towards an agile development environment using Team Foundation Server.
Detailed Job Description
An experienced Software Test Engineer, looking to progress to a team leader role, is required to test SSI software systems, including unit testing, regression testing to ensure the highest quality software prior to release, and ongoing soak testing of our client's systems.
The successful candidate will be formally qualified, preferably to degree level, and will take part in moving our client's software from a legacy testing process towards an agile development environment using Team Foundation Server.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
* Work alongside the Software Development Team in the continual development of our client's website
* Liaise with the Development Team when required to help resolve any failed tests
* Devise test plans and document all tests carried out using the Job Progress Log (JPL) system.
* Carry out testing of our client's website including penetration testing and load testing
* Carry out testing of the Clarity Software when requested, liaising with the Clarity Technical Team as required
* Configure and provide technical support of our client's software systems
* Contribute to the maintenance of the Testing Procedures Manual as and when required
* Attend and proactively contribute to any internal meetings when required
* Participate in regular training / learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge
* GSCE (or equivalent) Grade A-C Maths and English
* A level (or equivalent) passes in Maths/Physics/ Chemistry/Computing or similar
* A Degree in a Technology related subject area (ideally in Computer Science)
Skills and attributes required:
* Experience with SQL (SQL Server and Oracle) is preferred
* Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
* Excellent customer service
* Commercially aware
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases
Personal Qualities :
* Demonstrate ownership of issues and use initiative
* Highly organised with good attention to detail
* Deliver a high volume of quality work on time
* Self-motivated and confident
* Excellent organisational skills
* Be numerate, logical, self-motivated and enthusiastic
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (Depending on Experience)
* Pension Scheme after 3 months
* 20 days' holiday and Bank Holiday (increasing to 25 days with length of service)
* Childcare Vouchers, Ride to work scheme, Season Ticket Loans
* Living Essentials (8,500 discounts on retails, days out, eating out, etc.)
* Employee Assistance Programmes (health, legal and counselling)
* Company social activities including summer BBQ and festive lunch
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.