Gas Meter Installer - REF No. HQ4572
Industry Sector: Utilities
Salary: from £20000 to £26000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
A Gas Meter Installer is required to install / remove / exchange telemetry equipment to gas meters and take half hourly downloads at customer sites across a defined region. Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
Detailed Job Description
A Gas Meter Installer is required to install / remove / exchange telemetry equipment to gas meters and take half hourly downloads at customer sites across a defined region.
Our client works with many public and private establishments and you will be expected to provide courteous service during your visits.
The Gas Meter Installer will be home based and must be able to drive frequently to access client premises.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
* Upon arrival on site, liaise with the relevant customer contact to gain access to the meter
* Adhere to the telemetry equipment installation procedure.
* Download the meter data and carefully check the Meter Point Asset No (MPAN) and Meter Serial Number to ensure access to the correct meter
* Record successful installation on system
* Record the data onto SMR Software
* In the event you cannot gain access to site or locate the correct meter, write up notes on system to record any unreadable downloads on the system.
* Promptly respond to scheduling enquiries and maintain frequent contact with Head Office
* Maintain the tools and company vehicle on a weekly basis
* Gas Safe Certified
Skills and attributes required:
* Must be able to obtain a DBS certificate
* Must hold a full UK driving license with supported documentation
* People skills, teamwork and collaboration
* Excellent customer service
* Commercially aware
* Health & Safety at work
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Personal Qualities :
* Able to react to customer facing situations professionally;
* Flexible approach to travel
* Demonstrate ownership of issues and use initiative
* Self-motivated and confident
* Attention to detail
* Excellent organisational skills
* Smart and presentable at all time
* Keeping the company's vehicle clean and tidy at all time
The Gas Meter Installer is required to participate in regular training / learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
Salary: £20,000 (OTE up to £26,000)
* Pension Scheme after 3 months
* 20 days' holiday and Bank Holiday (increasing to 25 days with length of service)
* Company vehicle and tools
* Mobile phone
* Living Essentials (8,500 discounts on retails, days out, eating out, etc.)
* Employee Assistance Programmes (health, legal and counselling)
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.