Health & Safety Advisor - REF No. EB4546
Industry Sector: Utilities
Salary: from £255 to £285 per Day
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Our Client is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor who shall own, develop, implement and review the Site's arrangements for the management of conventional safety and to ensure compliance with statutory and Company requirements, and enhancement of conventional safety performance. The Health & Safety Advisor would need to be educated to NQF Level 6 / NVQ Level 6 or equivalent and be a Member of a relevant Professional Institute. This Health & Safety Advisor would need to be qualified with a Diploma or equivalent in a relevant specialism.
Detailed Job Description
EB4546 Health & Safety Advisor
Salary: £255.00 to £285.00 Per Day
Location: Hunterston, West Kilbride, West Scotland
Position: Contract (Until December possible Extension)
Hours: 4.5 Days a Week (Half Day Friday)
Our Client is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor who shall own, develop, implement and review the Site's arrangements for the management of conventional safety and to ensure compliance with statutory and Company requirements, and enhancement of conventional safety performance.
The Health & Safety Advisor would need to be educated to NQF Level 6 / NVQ Level 6 or equivalent and be a Member of a relevant Professional Institute. This Health & Safety Advisor would need to be qualified with a Diploma or equivalent in a relevant specialism.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain arrangements for compliance with industrial safety, statutory and Company requirements.
* Produce and maintain the site's risk assessment arrangements as required.
* Maintain required external certification, e.g. OHSAS18001, as required.
* Monitor adequacy of site arrangements through audit, inspection and the investigation of events.
* Drive the implementation of conventional safety arrangements across the Site.
* Develop and manage the Site Improvement Plan for industrial safety as required.
* Develop, implement and maintain the Site Fire Risk Assessments as appropriate.
* Carry out project management activities as required.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of conventional safety staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
* Monitor performance and act to maintain conventional safety standards and improve performance.
* Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
* Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on conventional safety issues throughout the Site.
* Act for the Site Head of Safety as directed.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake baseline roles as required.
* Provide expert-level advice for the effective development of conventional safety training programmes.
* Assist with managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects as required for delivery of the lifetime plan.
Experience / Qualifications
* Diploma or equivalent in relevant specialism (E.g. NEBOSH)
* Relevant experience in related roles
* Detailed Knowledge of Site License conditions and UK Safety Legislation
* Detailed knowledge of International / ISO Standards
* Experience at a Nuclear Site or another High Hazard Industry
* Able to travel to other locations
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.