Remediation Engineer - REF No. HQ4521
Industry Sector: Environmental
Location: Sandhurst, Berkshire, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
A Remediation Engineer is required to join a market leading company carrying out pollution response and remedial works. The Remediation Engineer will manage field engineers and sub-contractors undertaking site investigation, emergency response and remedial works. The Remediation Engineer will undertake fieldwork including, but not limited to, the installation and maintenance of soil and groundwater remediation systems, gathering of data for site investigations and supervision of sub-contractors carrying out these works. This should also include the routine care, maintenance and calibration of field equipment, including vehicles.
Detailed Job Description
A Remediation Engineer is required to join a market leading company carrying out pollution response and remedial works. The Remediation Engineer will manage field engineers and sub-contractors undertaking site investigation, emergency response and remedial works.
The Remediation Engineer will undertake fieldwork including, but not limited to, the installation and maintenance of soil and groundwater remediation systems, gathering of data for site investigations and supervision of sub-contractors carrying out these works. This should also include the routine care, maintenance and calibration of field equipment, including vehicles.
General Office Duties
* Work will be undertaken in the office as required.
* Preparation of technical reports, letters, purchase orders, proposals and general correspondence (including faxes and emails) for management review prior to client delivery.
* Analytical data processing and reporting.
* Recording of all necessary documentation on provided forms, including timely completion of weekly timesheets and expense accounts.
* Provision of general support to colleagues and complete additional exceptional tasks as directed.
* Undertake general office duties including phone answering, copying, etc.
* Performance and management of specific projects under supervision of the Project Director / Project Manager, including cost appraisaland where appropriate supporton additional projects, whether in theabsence of colleagues or as part of a team.
* Provide cost budgets as required and manage allocated cost budgets for allocated works, keeping line manager informed of any variances.
* Responsible for pro-actively chasing payment on outstanding and overdue invoices with project clients (for self and team).
* Issuing purchase orders to, and management of, contractors and sub contractors (for self and team).
* Liaising with clients and at all times being aware of the clients' needs, opportunities and cost constraints.
* Accountability for performance of projects managed by yourself.
* Responsible for procurement and management of subcontractors, ensuring their competence to complete task and checking necessary insurances are held.
* Ensure all technical works and reports, client correspondence, purchase orders, proposals and cost information is reviewed by line manager or a director.
* Responsible for management and performance of tasks/projects and continued delivery of a high quality service, providing clear, commercially focused solutions.
* Management of fieldwork and remediation works, obtaining support from senior engineer or line manager where necessary.
* Undertake all works in accordance with the quality management system, including the quality management and procedural manuals.
Client Management and Commercial Awareness
* Demonstrate an understanding of commercial risk issues present in work area and demonstrate commercial awareness, in the need to save project costs wherever possible.
* Pro-active client management, good communication and continued delivery of a high quality product/ service.
* Responsibility for pro-actively fulfilling the allocated Client's requirements and supporting Client Development Managers (as appropriate).
* Pro-active development of business opportunities with current active-project clients, progressing prospects on currently active sites and maintaining contact with clients for further opportunities.
* Preparation of project descriptions for projects managed by self and team.
* Consideration to the development of further company capabilities, including marketing opportunities and business development.
* Preparation of project descriptions and collection of appropriate marketing photographs for projects as requested by project or line manager .
Health & Safety
All Employees must:
* Work in asafe manner andobserve the company's health,safety and environment rules and procedures as well as any site rules and procedures.
* Ensure adequate completion of workplace risk assessments.
* Ensure that any machinery is operated in-accordance with a risk assessment and method statement forsafe working practice for the specific task on site.
* Reportany hazard theyobserve promptly to their immediate supervisor.
* Use protective clothing and equipment provided.
* Reportto their Line manager any incident that could have led to an injury.
* Reportto their Line Manager any injuries that happen to them at work, on the shift that the injury occurred, and obtain the necessary first aid treatment.
* Help in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent occurrence.
* Set an example ofsafe behaviour, particularly to new starters andyoungemployees.
* Ensure subcontractors provide method statements and H&S risk assessments prior to any works and that these procedures are followed throughout the works.
In Addition you must:
* Understand and, where relevant, manage, company on-site and field Health and Safety Procedures, including ensuring adequate completion of workplace risk assessments.
* Contribute to the development and design of remedial techniques as part of the remediation team.
* Assemble remedial systems following the design by the remediation team.
* Contribute to the development of field and remediation capabilities.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & KEY SKILLS
It is expected that you will:
* Demonstrate self-starting ability in all aspects of job, inspiring colleagues and instigate changes in operation, based on sound planning and wide use of available sources.
* Progress towards appropriate qualifications as identified with line manager.
* Identify, analyse and interpret problems effectively and instigate appropriate action for their solution based on sound judgement.
* Originate and implement the most cost efficient and effective solution based on resources.
* Ensure work quantity is timely, efficient and consistent with established standards, maintaining high utilisation and billable time, keeping peers and managers informed of availability.
* Organise, plan ahead and prioritise work effectively, making line manager aware of achievable and unachievable deadlines.
* Maintain effective, accurate, concise, timely and easily understood written and verbal communication with subordinates, peers, senior management, subcontractors and client contacts.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 / Annum
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.