Transport Office Logistics Controller - REF No. BS4502
Industry Sector: Driving and Transport
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The Transport Office Logistics Controller will be experienced in the transport/construction industry, have a working knowledge of HGVs, plant and machinery, and ideally possess an HGV licence.
Detailed Job Description
BS4502: Transport Office Logistics Controller
Salary: £ 25,000 - £30,000
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Due to recent expansion, a well established Plant & Transport company operating a fleet of Volvo and Scania Tippers, low loaders etc. is currently looking to recruit an experienced Transport Office Logistics Controller at its facility in Gloucester. The Transport Office Logistics Controller will work Monday - Friday and Saturday mornings, basic hours are 45 hours per week. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the transport/construction industry, have a working knowledge of HGVs, plant and machinery, and ideally possess an HGV licence.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Customer Relationship - Day to day account management of multiple customers and drivers
* Process orders & transport jobs for the day-to-day account management
* Use of transport management and tracking system
* Problem Solving - close analysis and identification of any issues with full investigation and corrective action response
* Process Control - implementation and strict adherence to contract and company processes
* Development - proactively seek new and development opportunities to either win with the assistance of external sales if required
Qualifications / Experience:
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of the logistics/transport industry
* A working knowledge of HGVs, plant and machinery
* Ideally possess an HGV licence.
* Experience in a customer service role
* Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications - particularly Excel
* Good organisation skills with ability to multi-task
Applicants interested in this position, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.