Regional Service Electrician - REF No. HQ4499
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electrical
Location: West Thurrock, Essex, England
Salary: from £27000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Evan Jeposa
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regional Service Electrician, offering a competitive salary, employment package and great place to work. Operating globally, the business focuses on modular space, secure portable storage solutions, and work force accommodation management. Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged. The position is ideally suited for a person who is a confident self-starter with experience in a field based service role and possess excellent interpersonal skills and use of initiative. Experienced within the construction industry holding a valid CSCS card is essential.
Detailed Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regional Service Electrician, in a company operating globally, the business focuses on modular space, secure portable storage solutions, and workforce accommodation management.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Key Responsibilities / Experience:
* Carrying out comprehensive safety/maintenance checks of all self-powered hire equipment before dispatch/when returned and completing and including all necessary documentation including test certificates and safety instructions
* Ability to run diagnostic checks and undertake fault finding
* Visiting customer sites, when required, to repair faulty self-powered hire equipment and/or carrying out safety/operational demonstrations
* Installation and dismantle of hire units and associated equipment
* Quick and accurate diagnosis of fault / breakdown
* Asking relevant questions to determine the precise fault / issue to complete the job first time.
* Liaising with customers / manager / peers / contractors to ensure site work is completed timely and efficiently
* Effective repair of hire units and its equipment which may require multi-trade skills capability - including engine repair
* Completing PDA / paperwork thoroughly and accurately
* Comply with and embrace the Elliott Health & Safety culture and policies
* Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
* Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times.
* Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
* To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
* Technically trained on generator/diesel or gas engines
* Technical understanding of self-powered hire equipment
* Good health and safety awareness, preferably with some kind of H&S qualification along with a CSCS card. Manual handling and working at height training is also preferable though training can be given
* basic/intermediate general construction/maintenance skills
* Appreciate LEAN practices within the workplace and embrace change
* Served a recognised electrical apprenticeship complete with the AM2 certificate and completed the 2382-12 requirements for electrical installations Additional Information:
* Full driving license as travelling long distances is required.
* May need to stay overnight occasionally
* May be required to participate in an out of hours service rota
* Flexibility in working hours is required as may need to start earlier and finish later than normal on occasions.
* Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Must hold relevant electro technical qualifications in electrical installation work
* Served a recognised electrical apprenticeship complete with the AM2 certificate and completed the City and Guilds 2382-1/2 requirements for electrical installations
* Qualification in Portable Appliance Testing
* Previous working experience within the product hire market, preferably portable accommodation
* High level of motivation, dynamism and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
* Desire to lead, influence and coach others
* Good team player
* Strong work ethic; self-starter; results orientated
* Good ability to plan and anticipate
* Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
* Good communication and relationship building skills
Salary ranges between £29,000 and £30,000 and can be boosted by regular overtime opportunities.
The Electrician will work 40-hour weeks and starts at 08h30am and finishing at 16h30.
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
20 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Government pension scheme
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.