IT, Programming & Network Systems Engineer - REF No. HQ4492
Industry Sector: Telecommunications
Salary: circa £25000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
An opportunity has arisen for an IT, Programming & Network Systems Engineer with extensive knowledge in networking, network security and computer science. You will be responsible for the installation, implementation and programming of building control and IT systems at various clients' sites in London, with some work required outside London from time to time.
Detailed Job Description
HQ4492: IT, Programming & Network Systems Engineer
Location: London and Field
Salary: circa £25,000 (Depending on Experience)
An opportunity has arisen for an IT, Programming & Network Systems Engineer with extensive knowledge in networking, network security and computer science.
You will be responsible for the installation, implementation and programming of building control and IT systems at various clients' sites in London, with some work required outside London from time to time.
The successful applicant will be working for an award-winning technology specialist which creates and fits-out high-end intuitive smart-home equipment including home cinema, lighting control, HVAC, security and CCTV, and multi-room audio visual systems, in residential and SME.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Installation, setup and configuration of wireless and wired networking equipment and systems;
* Take part in on-site installation works to include network, AV, programming control systems and integration with third party systems;
* Termination and testing of networking hardware including patchbays, data sockets etc.;
* Wiring of equipment racks;
* Assist with checking equipment specifications, compatibility and performance with manufacturers and familiarise with setup procedures;
* Arrange and take part in on/off-site pre-build preparation and testing for projects as required;
* Managing, communicating and supporting the Technical Manager and Lead Engineer with regards to connections, documentation, products and set-up;
* Following up all issues with manufacturers and software providers;
* Report all communications to do with IT systems and programming including client requests and issues and their compatibility with the scope of works to the Technical Manager;
* Taking part in client handovers and making changes where possible/compatible;
* Keeping Project Management software up to date with set-up information, installation progress, servicing, and personal timesheets;
* Running and maintaining clients' AV and IT systems with a mix of remote support of on-site engineers/customers and on-site visits;
* Running and maintaining the company's office AV and IT systems;
* Developing new skills as required by the company;
* Assisting with the general office administrative tasks including answering the telephone and handling incoming/outgoing mail, taking deliveries and project paperwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
* A solid grounding in IT networking including both hardware and software;
* Demonstrable experience of installing wired and wireless LAN networks;
* Strong understanding of different network types and their needs, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP etc.;
* Proven experience of working in a professional and courteous manner representing the company and communicating to clients and other professions;
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
* Communicating with customers/partners with the ability to explain technically complex matters in 'laymen's terms' in person, on the phone or via email;
* Able to work with all levels in the organisation;
* Committed to using technology and computer literate in both Apple and Windows based environments, in addition to MS Office Suite:- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
* Full Driving License and Full Passport.
* Facilitate win-win situations with project teams, clients and other professionals associated with the business/project;
* Interact well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles.
* Invite diverse points of view;
* Listen and asks questions to ensure understanding;
* Convey relevant information in a candid and timely manner.
* Manage workload, processes and responsibilities to produce desired outcomes;
* Hold self-accountable to high performance standards;
* Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction;
* Analyse problems effectively and takes action to resolve.
Exhibit Professional Excellence
* Show consistency in performance and actions;
* Maintain composure under pressure;
* Earn the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers;
* Treat others with respect.
Salary: circa £25,000 (Depending on Experience)
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.