Trainee Design Engineer - REF No. BS4486
Industry Sector: Engineering - Design
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £25000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The Trainee Design Engineer will be responsible for providing the technical aspects for new tenders to Customers, for generation of designs & costs through Common Analysis (CA) and for generating the cable manufacturing instructions in SAP for orders. They will also provide product technical support to customers and to the Sales/Marketing function, including liaising with Customers at all levels.
Detailed Job Description
BS4486: Trainee Design Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: Pension, Benefits
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Trainee Design Engineer to join its Design & Applications Engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Trainee Design Engineer will be responsible for providing the technical aspects for new tenders to Customers, for generation of designs & costs through Common Analysis (CA) and for generating the cable manufacturing instructions in SAP for orders.
The Trainee Design Engineer will also provide product technical support to customers and to the Sales/Marketing function, including liaising with Customers at all levels. Short duration travel in the UK may occasionally be required.
This role would suit ex-military candidates and applications from ex-service personnel are strongly encouraged.
* The preparation of cable designs and supporting information for tendering, including datasheets, technical schedules and specification compliance documents.
* Liaison with Customers, both technical and non-technical, to promote the Prysmian Group and to address queries on cable design, ratings and installation issues.
* Support and close liaison with the Commercial department, who have the responsibility for tender bids, contracts and marketing.
* Preparation & management of product design information to enable costing & manufacturing, including close liaison with the factories process engineering teams.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Educated preferably up to degree level or similar in a relevant Engineering subject.
* Several years' industrial experience.
* A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Product knowledge including cable manufacturing processes would be advantageous, but suitable training will be provided.
* IT skills in MS Office necessary. Experience with SAP or CA would be advantageous but suitable training will be provided.
* Applicants should be customer and service focussed and able to communicate at all levels, with both technical and non-technical people.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.