3D CAD Design Engineer - REF No. BS4458
Industry Sector: Engineering - Design
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England
Salary: from £35000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The 3D CAD Design Engineer will have experience working on all aspects of Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD Modelling. As a member of a small team this is an incredibly diverse and challenging role, which has considerable strategic input in addition to the minutia of the role.
Detailed Job Description
BS4458: 3D CAD Design Engineer
Salary: circa £ 40,000
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Benefits: Company Van and Pension
Due to continued growth a Global leader in the manufacture and sale/hire of bridge, pontoon and RoRos is now offering an experienced 3D CAD Design Engineer an exciting opportunity, to join an international market leader. The 3D CAD Design Engineer will receive an excellent basic salary, a company van and pension.
The 3D CAD Design Engineer will have experience working on all aspects of Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD Modelling.
This is an exciting time to join the Company's team, as it is on the cusp of moving its depot to a significantly larger location in the Chesterfield area. As a member of a small team this is an incredibly diverse and challenging role, which has considerable strategic input in addition to the minutia of the role. Until the move is completed, the 3D CAD Design Engineer will work from the Company's Mansfield Office.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, using Autodesk Inventor, a practical modular bridge solution to satisfy Client's requirements.
* 3D CAD design of c.25 installations a year ranging from £100K to £2M.
* Liaising with main contractors and/or end users.
* Occasional site visits to advise on installation.
* Modular bridge and abutments design.
* Assuming responsibility for the project
Qualifications / Experience:
* Civil/Structural Engineering background.
* Experience of 3D CAD designing/modelling using Autodesk Inventor.
* Good knowledge of bridging solutions.
* Familiar with Eurocodes in relation to bridge design and loading.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Can do attitude.
* The desire to assume responsibility and help a well-established organisation grow.
Interested applicants in this position, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.