Technical Manager, Construction - REF No. BS4440
Industry Sector: Construction
Location: Christchurch, Dorset, England
Salary: from £49000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
The Construction Technical Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all stages of the design process, including statutory approvals and optimising scopes and requirements of projects along with the provision of cost-effective and technically accurate design solutions, in line with the Company Design Programme, to maximise ROI.
Detailed Job Description
BS4440: Technical Manager, Construction
Salary: £ 50,000 + 5% Bonus
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Benefits: 22 Days Holiday, Loyalty Scheme, Parking, Pension
A well established and highly regarded construction company based in Christchurch is now offering an experienced Construction Technical Manager an exciting opportunity to join their team. The Construction Technical Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all stages of the design process, including statutory approvals and optimising scopes and requirements of projects. Additionally, the Construction Technical Manager will provide cost-effective and technically accurate design solutions, in line with the Company Design Programme, to maximise ROI.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing and overseeing all working drawings and the timely production of Construction Documentation (CONDOC) in line with Building Regulations, warranty providers and all statutory legal and Company requirements, prior to start on site.
* Controlling any changes made to initial plans and drawings.
* M&E Design coordination including utilities, lifts/ventilation and drainage, steelwork and structural designs, sales plans and servicing and liaison with SAP assessor.
* Managing discharge of Planning Conditions, submitting and discharging Building Regulation Conditions and other regulatory compliance.
* Leading and participating in project design review meetings for evaluating progress, identifying resolution measures where necessary, taking corrective action and providing technical back up throughout the building period.
* Researching and implementing new procedures, construction methods, materials and details to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness of the design and construction process.
* Managing and updating Standards Detail Library to ensure consistent and up to date approach.
* Procurement, coordination and management of consultants with evaluation and review of services.
* Managing the flow of information to all relevant parties within prescribed timescales using company systems, procedures and processes.
* Knowledge, understanding and implementation of CDM Health and Safety regulations.
* Strive to continually improve themselves, their work, their department and the business.
* Be accountable for personal development through the PDR process, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills.
* Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others, who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
* Undertakes other duties and responsibilities, as specified by the Line Manager, which are commensurate with the level of the post and to work as part of a mutually supporting Construction department.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Previous experience of Project Surveying or as a Technical Manager.
* Experience within the construction industry ideally working with residential properties.
* Need to be able to confidently read drawings.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants in this position, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.