IT Administrator - REF No. NL4402
Industry Sector: Information Technology
Location: Freiberg, Sachsen, Germany
Salary: from £40000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Our client is a leading global manufacturer, committed to delivering exceptional quality and value through teamwork, product development and consultative solutions. Reporting to the European IT Manager this role manages a full spectrum of IT services with emphasis on providing technology solutions, support and training to employees.
Detailed Job Description
Our client is a leading global manufacturer, committed to delivering exceptional quality and value through teamwork, product development and consultative solutions.
Reporting to the European IT Manager this role manages a full spectrum of IT services with emphasis on providing technology solutions, support and training to employees.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
* Manages all aspects of network infrastructure, (servers, switches, firewalls, storage, etc.). to include purchasing, installing, deploying, updating, repairing, administering user rights
* Works with European IT to negotiate contracts and manages vendor relationships for outsourced systems and services, e.g. security, remote backups, VOIP phone services, internet service providers
* Performs software and hardware installation for PCs and servers
* Maintains asset control for all EU technology
* Partner with US & UK staff to manage the helpdesk environment to better streamline technology responsiveness to outstanding technology issues
* Oversees all technology purchases for Germany
* Develops and delivers new hire and professional development technology training to Germany employees
* Provides on-call support when environment/presenting issue warrants such as server and laptop issues
* Performs troubleshooting and problem analysis for the purpose of diagnosing, repairing and/or replacing equipment
* Reports and escalates system issues to European IT Manager
* Proactively identifies recurring technology issues for further address by management
Industry sector or operational experiences:
* Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
* Ability to travel approx. 2-5 days per month for on-site troubleshooting and PC/server configuration needs
* Professional experience with Windows Server 2003 or higher
* Familiarity with PC troubleshooting; must be able to assemble a PC from the ground up, including Windows client installation and troubleshooting driver issues
* Understanding and proficiency in computer networking.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP addressing schemes, DHCP, VPN, how to configure Windows networking at both a server and client level
* Ability to configure and secure wireless routers
* Cisco experience would be preferred
* Database experience preferred.
* Progress experience
* VMware experience preferred
* proAlpha ERP experience
* Excellent German and English language (written/oral)
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs MUST be named in the format "YOUR NAME - CV.doc" and be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not accepted. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly.