Repair Technician - REF No. NL4052
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electronic
Location: Colnbrook, Berkshire, England
Salary: circa £23000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Our client requires a Repair Technician to repair aircraft 'In-Flight Entertainment' (IFE) equipment in accordance with current repair procedures, EASA 145/FAA 145 regulations and relevant technical documentation, ensuring that targets are met. Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
Detailed Job Description
Our client requires a Repair Technician to repair aircraft 'In-Flight Entertainment' (IFE) equipment in accordance with current repair procedures, EASA 145/FAA 145 regulations and relevant technical documentation, ensuring that targets are met.
You will ensure repair quality standards are met. Undertake all actions necessary to render the unit serviceable, including cleaning, testing, performance evaluation of electronic and mechanical components, sub-assemblies and LRUs. Follow standard practices and procedures in analysing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
* Perform set-up, calibration, testing, troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
* Perform hand set-ups for digital tests.
* Recognise failures and set-up problems, and determines need for appropriate verification.
* Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
* Operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures.
Additionally, this role may require travel within the U.K. or internationally.
Key Skills & Qualifications
* Proven experience of audio/video or digital electronic repairs to component level.
* Ability to use analytical skills to diagnose component and system failures.
* Computer literate together with good typing skills having experience of Microsoft Office
* Working knowledge of LINUX, DOS and UNIX systems is desirable.
* Good communication skills.
* HNC in Electronic Engineering, C&G Part 1&2, BTEC/NVQ in electronics or equivalent.
* An understanding of EASA 145/FAA 145 regulations desirable.
* Ability to rework soldering of surface mount components.
* Read & Write English to comply with ATA regulations.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.